Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.8.1.7

1. And from the wan, upgrade is possible ?

If you can reach the Router Config Website from wan you can try it, but THIS IS ALL NOT SUPORTED so be warned. Why are you all asking about it ??
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by chris.delarue
    And from the wan, upgrade is possible ?
    yes it's possible.. but be warned if you have a slow connection (a 10Mbps connection will do the job probably), upgrade WILL fail and your unit will 'die'

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Yes you are right...my ASUS died!! Can anybody help me to get it alive again...

I try the reset button without any result...

PLEASE HELP ME

Hooooray !!!!
    What a miracle .

Have you set boot_wait in the nvram before ?
    If not, you have to time it very good.
    Put an UTP cable into Lan1, set up a tftp client with your firmware, start transfer and imidiatly power on the router. If you are quick, it will Flash. And Flash some older Asus Firmware and Upgrade than, better dont Flash direktly some modified Version because of limitations of the pmon in the router.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Question

Okay..I will try...what about the FTP client? I'm now using restoring utility of ASUS. Do you have another way to do this...

With the restore tool it first give .. not a valid IP adress..after some time the LAN1 led blinks a little, then I press upload again...It gives after 30 seconds..no device in recovery mode..

So if you can give mee some more specifiec details about that TP thing...I would be thankfull...

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Hooooray !!!!
    What a miracle .

Have you set boot_wait in the nvram before ?
    If not, you have to time it very good.
    Put an UTP cable into Lan1, set up a tftp client with your firmware, start transfer and imidiatly power on the router. If you are quick, it will Flash. And Flash some older Asus Firmware and Upgrade than, better dont Flash direktly some modified Version because of limitations of the pmon in the router.

uhm.. it's not an WRT54g, afaik wl500g has boot_wait already set to ON standard:

~ # nvram show|grep boot
    boot_wait=on

says mine

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Any other options left...to get it back to an other version... (reset button pressed while powering on don't gives the blinking powerled (router in restore mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandabeer
    Yes you are right...my ASUS died!! Can anybody help me to get it alive again...

I try the reset button without any result...

PLEASE HELP ME
    out of this post I assume you have flashed the unit wirelessy ?

Angry

No I did it with the cable on LAN1 ..but I've another topic runing in this board.."How to get my WL500B Back to live". Technik thinks I've dammaged the NVRAM

If somebody likes to hobby with electronics and software for me...; somewhere in the Netherlands and the price is not to high...please let me know...I want really this unit back to live again...I bought a linksys WRT54G now, I like this unit...but I can't use this unit for a printerserver and USB Storrage

See my topic running in Questions & Answers:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=768

See post from Technik, how my unit can live again?! (but I'm not so expert in this kind of stuff...):
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=587
    Last edited by Pandabeer; 22-08-2004 at 13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandabeer
    No I did it with the cable on LAN1 ..but I've another topic runing in this board.."How to get my WL500B Back to live". Technik thinks I've dammaged the NVRAM

If somebody likes to hobby with electronics and software for me...; somewhere in the Netherlands and the price is not to high...please let me know...I want really this unit back to live again...I bought a linksys WRT54G now, I like this unit...but I can't use this unit for a printerserver and USB Storrage

See my topic running in Questions & Answers:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=768

See post from Technik, how my unit can live again?! (but I'm not so expert in this kind of stuff...):
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=587
    i know, but as you posted it here too that it died, I was a bit confused..

anyway the only advantage of the WRT54g is that the WAN port doesn't die..

Exclamation

Sorry, but at that moment I was very SAD that this happened with my Router..It's a scream for help....SO let the topic run under "Questiosn and Answers" ... "Bring my WL500 B Back to Live"...If somebody wants to help me...Please contact me... P_boermans@hotmail.com

13. Router hangs

Hi all,

A'm also the owner of a WL-500g and I just flashed (1.8.1.7) it last weekend. It worked fine here at home. At work I had a problem. I was connected to my PC at home by Remote desktop client. It worked fine and I even started a download on usenet

But after 1 or 2 hours I lost connection to my PC at home. First I thought it was the connection but a friend of mine told me that er was no problem at that time.

When I came home the router was stuck. The WAN AIR LAN1 and LAN2 where flashing. But no traffic could come in or go out. I couldn't login anymore. After a soft and then hard reset, the router came back to life again. But the logfile was gone so I can't find out what went wrong.

Anybody any idea what could be wrong here?
    Last edited by preformer; 23-08-2004 at 15:32.

Question Client mode in 1.8.7.1

Hi, is there anyone who has any experience with client mode settings in newest firmware 1.8.1.7? I would like to connect my Asus to other AP. This AP is able to give IP via DHCP. Then I need to connect my PCs to Asus LAN ports. Is it possible? Is there an updated documentation for this new firmware? I haven't found any description what "Limited client mode" means.
    Thank you for replies.

Question

Hy,
    whay I cant login in WL-500g via SSH or TELNET in that firmware release 1.8.1.7.

Help me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast