Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.8.1.7

I hope you have noticed that this is a new stock Asus Firmware, so it does not feature the raw jetdirekt printing ...

So I have to go back to the version before...1.7.5.9 CR4?

I thought that ASUS also implement this feature..I used the new printer setup wizard from ASUS...and this gave me the solution to install this IP Adress.....

Quote Originally Posted by kfaessen
    I have the same problem, no WLAN anymore, it now just fuctions like a normal router with cables... That's not the reason why I bought this router :P So let's get back to 1.7.5.9-4 that one rules...
    maybe we have to reset to the defaults before upgrading instead of afterwards...... looks also more logical to me.......
    For the time being I have little time at the moment, also have other things to do..
    It now works perfectly with the 1.7 firmware in AP mode only so I can connect simply to my cable network .

Quote Originally Posted by Pandabeer
    So I have to go back to the version before...1.7.5.9 CR4?

I thought that ASUS also implement this feature..I used the new printer setup wizard from ASUS...and this gave me the solution to install this IP Adress.....
    nope.. asus did never attention it in their changelog that they added a new printserver protocol, the last they did was I believe in 1.7.5.6 and that the LPR protocol (and yes you almost set it up the same because you can choose between LPR and RAW in that screen)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    it seems that after upgrade with the v1.8.1.7, the port range in the virtual server cannot be assigned. Only a single port is able to be assigned.
    Whenever I set the range as 6881:6999, it only enter the port with 6999.
    Also, when I use Bit torrent, the wan connection drop out after about a few minutes. Please help.
    i have the same problem. but that can be sloved just seleting the other protocol first and choose it back, and then click 'add'.

i feel 1.8.1.3 is stable than .7. ,even better than 1.7.5.9-cr4. router runs with less bugs and mistakes. but the 1.7.5.9 said it support QoS. i don't know how to select the service parameters in the firmware? trying cr4 currently.
    Last edited by shopping; 17-08-2004 at 02:50.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    nope.. asus did never attention it in their changelog that they added a new printserver protocol, the last they did was I believe in 1.7.5.6 and that the LPR protocol (and yes you almost set it up the same because you can choose between LPR and RAW in that screen)
    But the version from Oleg 1.7.5.9 CR4 does the trick again? Can I print on my HP via USB with this version? What do I miss when I downgrade to this version? (I'm using the ASUS 500-B only for WLAN and printserver; sometime USB key..I'm not an freak that I go inside the unit to programm al kind of features...)

Waiting for reply...thank in advance....

Uuuhu...

You could simply compare the added features from Olegs Firmware and what Asus has addet in their honeypod . Just look up at the thread and deside yourself if you strongly need anything from 1.8.1.7. Anything else from the past is also in Olegs Package.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Hi

5. Add: Init script option when USB Disk is inserted
    I could not try it myself, but does this mean it will start an extra init sequence off a file saved on the Disk when its inserted ? Would be cool .
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Is there anything known about trouble with webcams with this firmware??

I've updated my firmware to 1817 AND connected a philips ToUcam 830.

the immage of the camere only works for 10 seconds after login. Then there are no new images anymore...??!!!??!!

also the camera gives an mirror image.....so i think that this cam is going back to the store where i bought it.....

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Hi

I could not try it myself, but does this mean it will start an extra init sequence off a file saved on the Disk when its inserted ? Would be cool .
    Yes, but why can't you try it? You have a USB disk, at least it says so in your 'stuff'...

Hehe

Styno, the Disk is here, but Webcam and Router not .
    I´m still waiting, and can hardly wait .
    Maybe i was a bit too fast with my Signature, hehe.

Is WLAN stable or not ?

I want to upgrade to the latest asus firmware because with this fw I might be able to watch my webcam from WAN.

Will I loose my wireless ?

Normally I do an fw upgrade over wireless. It has always worked. Will I succeed this time too ?

kraai

It is wise and I think the users manual AND the readme of the firmware upgrade advise: upgrade your firmware using a UTP cable connected to the 1st LAN port on the WL-500g. There is no guarantee that firmware upgrades through wireless succeed.

If you did several firmware upgrades through wireless and they have all been successfully completed then you've had a lot of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    It is wise and I think the users manual AND the readme of the firmware upgrade advise: upgrade your firmware using a UTP cable connected to the 1st LAN port on the WL-500g. There is no guarantee that firmware upgrades through wireless succeed.

If you did several firmware upgrades through wireless and they have all been successfully completed then you've had a lot of luck.
    indeed.. it's not suggested to do firmware upgrading over wireless unless you exactly know what you are doing..

i have done it already a lot of times over wireless, to say it has failed a few times already and had to recover the wl500g.
    if you know very well how to handle with a firmware failure or have a spare WL500g than it doesn't really matter ofcourse....

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast