Thread: Power Usage?

Lightbulb Power Usage?

Anyone know what the power usage of a WL-500g (well, R100, same thing) running Kismet would be?

Wireless not transmitting. No ethernet in use.

USB hub, flash drive and USB GPS plugged in - ~300ma on the USB side.

The power brick is 5v at 2A... it's not using all of that?

I want to know because I'm planning to run the thing off a battery pack.
    2x Mitsubishi R100 (Same old WL-500g, different box, different firmware), running OpenWRT.

the easiest way to check is to buy a "Stromverbrauchszähler" don´t know the word in english
    You have to plug it in the power socket and plug the AC-Adaptor from the Asus into it.
    It tells you exactly the used Ampere or Watt Numbers.
    Very interesting as well for looking at the Standby Usage of any other electrical device.
    They are very cheap now. So go and buy one, and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnosch View Post
    the easiest way to check is to buy a "Stromverbrauchszähler" don´t know the word in english
    You have to plug it in the power socket and plug the AC-Adaptor from the Asus into it.
    It tells you exactly the used Ampere or Watt Numbers.
    Very interesting as well for looking at the Standby Usage of any other electrical device.
    They are very cheap now. So go and buy one, and let us know.
    Only thing with that is it's testing on the mains side. I want to test on the 5v side...

Actually, I've got a multimeter somewhere. I might test it, but it has to be wired in series with the power supply, which means cutting the wires. I might get a plug and socket for the 5v end, and wire that in series...
    2x Mitsubishi R100 (Same old WL-500g, different box, different firmware), running OpenWRT.