Thread: Timezone corrections for Australia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Timezone corrections for Australia

It seems that Asus (and most other router manufacturers) have no idea that South Australia has a half-hour timezone, and observes daylight savings in the Southern Hemisphere's summer months, not the Northern Hemisphere's summer months. Note that there are some places in the world with quarter-hour timezones, including one place in the Pacific ocean whose offset from GMT is +12:45 hours (which is different from GMT-11:15, because it's on a different day due to the international date line). There is also another island in the Pacific with a GMT+14 timezone!

Here is a patch to Oleg's cramfs-1.7.5.9.patch which institutes the six correct timezones (including the three different observance periods for daylight savings) for Australia.

If anyone is using an Asus WL-500g router in Nepal (GMT+5:45) or New Zealand's Catham Islands (GMT+12:45), then feel free to contact me and I'll add your timezones too

I also forgot to put in the Australian entry for Lord Howe Island (GMT+10:30), but I don't think there are any Asus WL-500g routers there either

-- Rod
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08-08-2004 at 00:11.