1. http://ctorrent.sourceforge.net/ ?
    openwrt choosed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoire.Favre View Post
    http://ctorrent.sourceforge.net/ ?
    openwrt choosed that one.
    That's the client that ships with the wl700g

Quote Originally Posted by fireflash View Post
    That's the client that ships with the wl700g

It seem there is a new one, the "Enhanced CTorrent" is that the one who ships with the Wl700g?

If this is a more powerful version, does some one with the right acknowledge to compile or install this in the Wl700gE?

Default there is a gift deamon inside the wl700g (http://gift.sourceforge.net/software/core.mhtml), no ctorrent client. The client inside the wl700g is a webbased gifd client. Look on google and you can find windows and linux clients for giftd. Gift deamon has a cool feature. It can search over the gnutella and fasttrack networks. To use this you have to enable the extra function in the wl700g (Enable Download Daemon?). After that you have to download another windows client with search support and you are able to download more (http://www.kceasy.com/).

Ctorrent doesnt have this kind of features, but it has a ratio option (giftd not) and ctorrent isnt borked as the giftd implementation.

I hope you all know the differents.

Sollie.

PS: http://wl700g.info/showthread.php?t=7170
    Last edited by sollie; 24-11-2006 at 19:44.

How do I know it upgraded?

Stupid question, but how would I know that the upgrade worked?

Initially it stopped a couple of times, then I downloaded the firmware again (I thought I might have corrupted it). Then it seemed to work (following the wl500ge howto from this forum). Just for good measure, I tried again using the software on the brick itself, and again it seemed to step through the upgrade just fine.

The "System Setup - Firmware Upgrade" page still shows "Firmware Version 1.0.4.6" I waited about 20 minutes after the boot, but I think the hard disk was still running (it sure sounded like it). If I telnet to 192.168.1.1 I get a "connection refused" message.

Big thanks to kfurge for all of his efforts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Life2Short View Post
    Stupid question, but how would I know that the upgrade worked?

Initially it stopped a couple of times, then I downloaded the firmware again (I thought I might have corrupted it). Then it seemed to work (following the wl500ge howto from this forum). Just for good measure, I tried again using the software on the brick itself, and again it seemed to step through the upgrade just fine.

The "System Setup - Firmware Upgrade" page still shows "Firmware Version 1.0.4.6" I waited about 20 minutes after the boot, but I think the hard disk was still running (it sure sounded like it). If I telnet to 192.168.1.1 I get a "connection refused" message.

Big thanks to kfurge for all of his efforts!!!

To notice some changes you have to read the explanation in the download page. Read it carefully. The disk keeps on going and the telnet is not working because you didn't install any of the scripts available on the download page, that's why

Doh!

I guess that was an even dumber question than I thought it was...

Thanks for setting me straight IMM22!!!

I got the drive to spin down, and since I can telnet into the box everything is pie. Thanks again kurge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sollie View Post
    Default there is a gift deamon inside the wl700g (http://gift.sourceforge.net/software/core.mhtml), no ctorrent client. The client inside the wl700g is a webbased gifd client. Look on google and you can find windows and linux clients for giftd. Gift deamon has a cool feature. It can search over the gnutella and fasttrack networks. To use this you have to enable the extra function in the wl700g (Enable Download Daemon?). After that you have to download another windows client with search support and you are able to download more (http://www.kceasy.com/).

Ctorrent doesnt have this kind of features, but it has a ratio option (giftd not) and ctorrent isnt borked as the giftd implementation.

I hope you all know the differents.

Sollie.

PS: http://wl700g.info/showthread.php?t=7170
    There's a giftd client AND ctorrent. Otherwise the router would have no BT capabilities out of the box, which it does (such as they are). The problem lies with the fact that Asus chose to go with the ctorrent client instead of the enhanced-ctorrent client, which fixes a lot of the bugs the original ctorrent had.

Trust me, the executable is on the router, and the source is in the firmware's source tree. And I've seen it running on the router when running a download.

Compiling enhanced-ctorrent, however is beyond my (limited) abilities. I've tried but I can't even get 'configure' to run properly when I put it in cross-compiling mode and point it to the mipsel-gcc stuff. 'configure' keeps trying to create a test executable to test the compiler, which is stupid since it shouldn't do that in cross-compiling mode because there's a 99.9% chance that if you're cross-compiling a program, it's not going to run on the host machine. :P There's a bug in the script I need to track down.. or just eliminate the compiler test from the script all together.

when can we aspect another release?
    whith all the goods mentioned in the download page and maybe some other things?

In my opnion this was the best release for the wl700ge ever.

thanks again for the free and uninterested work. Is with members like you we see this comunity getting larger every day.
    Damn does asus tecnical support guys who dont do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by IMM22 View Post
    when can we aspect another release?
    whith all the goods mentioned in the download page and maybe some other things?
    Very, very soon. I have basically everything on my to-do list complete (with the notable exception of ksoftirqd which will take some more in-depth kernel hacking).

To make sure I didn't miss anything in my notes, I need to re-confirm my steps prior to publishing the details. Expect a release and an updated how-to no later than this weekend (Nov 31).

- K.C.
    Last edited by kfurge; 29-11-2006 at 17:44. Reason: Changed Dec to Nov

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    Very, very soon. I have basically everything on my to-do list complete (with the notable exception of ksoftirqd which will take some more in-depth kernel hacking).

To make sure I didn't miss anything in my notes, I need to re-confirm my steps prior to publishing the details. Expect a release and an updated how-to no later than this weekend (Dec 31).

- K.C.
    are you able to put UTorrent in it or something ?
    so i don't have to use the stupid download master >> UTorrent you can see your torrents live much better

hope this aint a stupid question!

Stupid questions dont exist but stupid answers can be. And no, its not possible.

Sollie.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkouw View Post
    are you able to put UTorrent in it or something ?
    so i don't have to use the stupid download master >> UTorrent you can see your torrents live much better

hope this aint a stupid question!
    UTorrent is a Windows program, correct? If so, then no, it cannot be added to the router. You need a command-line BT client for Linux that can be compiled to work with the router's hardware. That's where enhanced-ctorrent would come in, if anyone can get it to work.

Any chance of getting rtorrent compiled with this hardware? I really like rtorrent. It's simple and does its job perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by fxr View Post
    Any chance of getting rtorrent compiled with this hardware? I really like rtorrent. It's simple and does its job perfectly.
    I like rtorrent too. I does however have some library dependencies that need to be compiled as well: libcurl, libsigc-2.0 and maybe some more. I guess the dependencies it has (on my standard Debian dist) on libssl, libcrypto and some others are optional.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast