Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB-FTP Server

Smile ftp drive mapping

Quote Originally Posted by chrus
    I have found an interesting link how to map a FTP-account as drive in Windows:
    http://www.law.drake.edu/technology/...-WebDrive.html

the product site is here:
    http://www.southrivertech.com/produc...ive/index.html

Anyone know similiar products (to map a drive)?
    Haven't tried this yet - but it seems to do the same thing - only it's free...

http://www.mathematics.jhu.edu/help/netuse-webdav.htm

/L

Hello

I've connected a externel harddisk to the usb.
    And when i use anonymous login it seems to work.
    But when i try to upload something it doenst work. Downloading does work.

second problem: when i use users to login the ftp is unreachable.

Anyone have a slution for this?

thnkz

Question Working Local but not internet

Hi...
    I can connect the disk by LAN.. but not by WAN....
    Whats wrong with my configuration???

Quote Originally Posted by kingjolly2000
    Hi...
    I can connect the disk by LAN.. but not by WAN....
    Whats wrong with my configuration???
    perhaps you are the problem ?

what should we answer here? you do not supply ANY information at all

how are we supposed to give you a reasonable answer? or are you expecting someone will answer your question at all ?

first GO and READ the FAQ, then USE the search or GOOGLE as written in the FAQ and you will find the answer (chance of 90% the answer is in front of you)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Perhaps these two folders have to be created manually on the USB drive:

ftp_pub
    ftp_pvt

Here's a new problem to solve.

I can acces de USB FTP server, but i can't write to it.
    I can download from it.

Does anyone got an answer?

Problems downloading

I've put a 200 Gb FAT32 formattet disk in the USB. When I login anonymously I'll see the default folders. I cannot upload to the disk.

Then I created a user. The user logs ind OK, but there are no folders visible, and the user cannot upload either.

Can anyone help?

Best regards,
    Michael

Is't possible to connect my FTPserveur by internet ?

In fact I have the possibility to access at my ftp file when I am in local network.
    But I don't know how to access at my HD USB via the FTP server Asus when I am over Internet.

For exemple :
    -ftp://userassword/adressWAN.adressLAN/21

Tha,k a lot for your help

iptable preventing ftp passive connections ?

It seems that default iptable rules (set when firewall is enabled on the web interface) prevent passive connexions from external network to the router. If you disable the firewall on the web interface, you should get acces to your ftp server.

Nevertheless, this is not a satisfying solution to this problem which seems to be frequently raised on this forum.

If I'm right, the problem is that stupid-ftpd assigns a random port to receive incoming passive connexion and this port must be opened in iptable. Maybe a solution could be to force the server to use a specified range of ports and open them in the firewall.

Could someone correct me if I'm wrong ?

Thanks for your propositions and solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by loum
    It seems that default iptable rules (set when firewall is enabled on the web interface) prevent passive connexions from external network to the router. If you disable the firewall on the web interface, you should get acces to your ftp server.

Nevertheless, this is not a satisfying solution to this problem which seems to be frequently raised on this forum.

If I'm right, the problem is that stupid-ftpd assigns a random port to receive incoming passive connexion and this port must be opened in iptable. Maybe a solution could be to force the server to use a specified range of ports and open them in the firewall.

Could someone correct me if I'm wrong ?

Thanks for your propositions and solutions.
    are you using port 21 or an alternative port?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudej
    In fact I have the possibility to access at my ftp file when I am in local network.
    But I don't know how to access at my HD USB via the FTP server Asus when I am over Internet.

For exemple :
    -ftp://user:password/adressWAN.adressLAN/21

Tha,k a lot for your help :)
    use it like this:

ftp://user:password@adressWAN:21/

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    are you using port 21 or an alternative port?
    For security reasons, I'm using an alternative port. I'm not sure to see what kind of problem this could raise since there's no problem to connect on the ftp server on this port, but only when establishing data connection on passive port from external machine.
    That's why I was thinking that it could come from the ftp-server/firewall configuration for passive ports.

Thanks for your propositions.

Quote Originally Posted by loum
    For security reasons, I'm using an alternative port. I'm not sure to see what kind of problem this could raise since there's no problem to connect on the ftp server on this port, but only when establishing data connection on passive port from external machine.
    That's why I was thinking that it could come from the ftp-server/firewall configuration for passive ports.

Thanks for your propositions.
    yes it is in the FAQ Known Bugs issue 21

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    Thank a lot for your help
    I have always the same problem (impossible to read my USB Key and I tried several key) perhaps is my firmware 1.9.2.7.
    Coudl you give me advice another firmware ?
    I use WL500G

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudej
    Thank a lot for your help
    I have always the same problem (impossible to read my USB Key and I tried several key) perhaps is my firmware 1.9.2.7.
    Coudl you give me advice another firmware ?
    I use WL500G
    After install the firmware 1.9.4.0 I have any problem.
    But my WL500G refuse the version 1.9.2.7-6b the led PWR flash all the time ???
    Last edited by jclaudej; 16-09-2005 at 18:58.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12