Thread: Arrghh, router reset configurations

Angry Arrghh, router reset configurations

Arrghh, this is so frustrating. After I had finally gotten everything to work (Samba, FTP, SSH, Torrent, giFT) over the course of a couple of days, I was happy. I changed the firewall config after that so I needed to reboot once more after committing to flashfs, just like I had done a million other times. Except this time, after rebooting, all my configurations were GONE. No dropbear, no vsftp, no samba, not even a damn /usr/local/sbin folder. Nothing. Is there any way to get my router up and running again without redoing everything?

Talking

Problem was solved by recreating the post-boot and post-firewall scripts and rebuilding them manually. The router kept mounting the HDD on /tmp/harddisk and I was unable to umount it. Once I put the mount script into the post-boot file, it successfully mounted to /opt on boot and all my installed packages were there again. From there on it was simple enough to edit my post-firewall into working order.

I think the problem was due to the giFT configs present on /usr/local/root/.giFT taking up more space than the flash was capable of, however I'm not sure as all those files are gone now. MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!
    Last edited by kRiSiS; 07-11-2006 at 15:09.