Thread: upnp with noxxon iradio

upnp with noxxon iradio

hello

I have an iradio from noxxon (terratec) and it works well with the twonky music server installed on a pc. but the wl-700gE doesn't show up on the display on the noxxon, even when I activated the musicserver and upnp!

any help? I don't like to rewrite the os from the router..

rolf

The included media server is an iTunes server. Twonky can be run fairly easily from the router, but you do need to do at a minimum the telnet hack, since you'll need to execute it from the shell.

The only other possibility really without hacking the firmware to add features is if your device can actually mount the router's hard drive and browse music files that way. I've never used that product so I don't know what it's capable of.

I'm using a Noxon 2 audio player with my router. I have no problem finding the media server and playing the music found there. Even when I disabled the upnp server in the router setup (in order to successfully connect my xbox360 to xbox live), the files are still browsable through the player.

Don't know how much the noxon 2 and the noxon iradio have in common though.

noxon

I have now a noxon 2 audio too.. but the problem remains the same: no server found.
    what firmware do you have with your wl-700g?

noxon with upnp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflash View Post
    The included media server is an iTunes server. Twonky can be run fairly easily from the router, but you do need to do at a minimum the telnet hack, since you'll need to execute it from the shell.

The only other possibility really without hacking the firmware to add features is if your device can actually mount the router's hard drive and browse music files that way. I've never used that product so I don't know what it's capable of.
    it now works with version 1.0.4.2-1!
    can you tell me how to run the twonky music server? I've now access over telnet...

thank you!