Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Controlling (torrent) downloads thru webpage

thanks for the reply

1. With ur other box that handling routing and QoS connected, how high speed do u have on ur seeds (total Kb/s) in transmission on ur current one?

Reason of asking.. is why i bought this router is bcause i wanted cheap seeding alternative.., to measure up with my download ratio..

So, if ur alternative with one box routing and delivering packages well, measure up with good torrent handling, seed speeding, it might be worth the $ of an extra box, just for that.., now when i already got one set of wl500gP+250gb usb drive..

2. Do u mean that the alternative whiterussian firmware might get me better speeding handling (whats the difference to oleg's one)?

3. To be sure, is it normal with these seeding speeds at 10Kb/s or could it be accelerated with other torrent apps like enhanced-ctorrent (who also support more active ports).. ?, so i dont have to spend more time getting this to work faster..

Will try the new version r1255 in just a moment.

4. Does these lines looks ok?

/usr/local/sbin/post-firewall

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    iptables -D INPUT -j DROP
    iptables -A INPUT -i $1 -p tcp --syn --dport 65534 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $1 -p tcp --dport 65534 -j DNAT --to-destination $4:65534
    iptables -A INPUT -j DROP
    Last edited by dfect; 18-12-2006 at 14:43.

With r1255 I have also added --nat-traversal capabilities to daemon. Enabling upnp in router and adding --nat-traversal flag to transmission_watchdog could help with some router config issues.
    Code:
       transmissiond -p ${LISTENING_PORT} \
            --nat-traversal \
            -w ${WATCHDOG} \
            -u ${UPLOAD_SPEED} \
            -d ${DOWNLOAD_SPEED} \
            -i ${PIDFILE}   ${ACTIVE}
    Regarding QOS I think that it is nice to throtle application packets. But this application level throtling will never help when user is brouwsing on busy line. For this QOS and packet prioritizing like L7 is needed. See http://vonage.nmhoy.net/qos.html for explanations.

Comparing Oleg and OpenWRT QOS services shows, that Oleg wondershaper is inferior to NBD QOS in OpenWRT although both could be used, but some problems go deep into kernel and that cannot be easily resolved. The problem with OpenWRT is that they did not concentrate much on external storrage for routers as Oleg did.
    Last edited by oleo; 18-12-2006 at 15:24.

Thanks,

added this line into transmission.cgi, and Enabled UPnP under IP Config - Miscellaneous (witch was already enabled), Web-Interface (oleg).

Still same, bad seeding, but now more peers found!

Instead of an average of 2 peers connected out of 6 detected of 6 seeding torrents, is now 8 peers connected of 15 detected.

Speed is still low, but slightly increased to about 25Kb/s..

Funny thing is, just after i boot the router and access the script, does transmission show about 0 out of 34, 10, 8 peers on some of the torrents.

After hitting update 5 secs later they all goes down to 1 of 1, 2 of 2, 3 of 5 and so on..

Strange

EDIT: After some waiting Upload seed speeds goes now up to 70Kb/s, download also increased speed from 5Kb/s to 50Kb/s (1 to 5 peers)
    Last edited by dfect; 18-12-2006 at 17:14.

Which feed are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by oleo View Post
    With lastest buildroot changes it is also possible to run Optware on OpenWRT whiterussian. When disk and swap is functioning just point to http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...t/cross/stable
    and install uclibc-opt and other packages.
    So u mean setting up transmission on a OPENWRT whiterussian based wl500gP could be a better alternative for torrent client use.. ?
    Last edited by dfect; 18-12-2006 at 17:30.

Quote Originally Posted by calebz View Post
    Which feed are you using ?
    How do u mean feed?

the thing you download stuff from via ipkg.
    There is wl500g and olegs feed.
    Check what you got there /opt/etc/ipkg.conf

Aha, i used olegs one from scratch, all packets from there..

Well I dont think its soft related. My Upload is actually killing my connection here.

What seeding speeds are u experiencing?

What model, WL500gP?, firmware?

I have tested r1255 with limited upload/download and experienced occassional daemon crash. So until this bug is resolved I do not recommend running daemon with ratecontrol enabled!

Živjo Oleg, šele zele sem porajtov da si iz Slovenije. Lepo to. sn kar mal ponosen, da se najde kakšen Slovenec, ki pripomore za javno dobro. Sem porajtal, ko sem videl, da vlečeš dol čebelico majo, na grafu se vidi
    Kako to da si se lotil tega projekta? Vsaka ti čast.
    When i click Log i can't see graph. I get error:
    Creating graph...
    /opt/share/www/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi: /opt/share/www/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi: 624: /opt/bin/gnuplot: not found

But i have gnuplot installed.
    Code:
    [admin@SkupniDisk root]$ ipkg install gnuplot
    Package gnuplot (4.0.0-1) installed in root is up to date.
    Nothing to be done
    Successfully terminated.

I am also now getting this error:

But the folder exists

This is normal respoonse!

Press Pause once. Then Watchdog and Update after while.

/opt/bin/gnuplot not found problem:
    If you are using http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op.../cross/stable/

package feed. then is also necessary to instal uclibc-opt package as this is base package for all packages.

Calebz Is also testing Transmission on Xwrt (OpenWRT for mere mortals).

Now i am getting this error
    Creating graph...
    Segmentation fault

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast