Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Controlling (torrent) downloads thru webpage

Hmm... it doesnt start from post-mount either
    $HOME in post-mount is also set to: /
    Powered by 2 Asus wl500g Premium :-)

OK. I will force config to be in /opt/etc and not in the HOME. Check out for new package feed today.

Maybe simply but the lines behind the mount code in post-boot so the stuff is "there" when you try to run.

Question

Got some probs,

first of all

/opt/share/www/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi: kill: 624: (664) - No such process

torrents wont start processing.. just ends in 'work' directory..

another strange thing is that it can access to /tmp/harddisk/share/torrent/

but not to /tmp/harddisk/torrent

even after i chmod a+rw them all.. and flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot ...

the reason why i have the /share is that i followed some guide for samba and ctorrent/torrent (wich worked ok from webinterface)..

ive tried the uClibc library too from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...g/cross/stable, it fixed the 'cant access the file thing' though..

Am i supposed to install the 'Old application' in the bottom of http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=34579&postcount=68 , or is it just for recover back the old stuff?

I've tried watchdog manually.. no change..

syslog messages says 'started deamon..' and so on..

torrents added says 'Start: 15 Dec 15:07 End: 15 Dec 15:20' and so on..

got a 250gb samsung connected with 249gb ext3 mounted to /opt and /tmp/harddrive , 1gb to swap (512mb used)..

running latest oleg WL500gp-1.9.2.7-7f

what could i've been missing, any clue?

now even nano hangs (also after package remove/install).., maybe i should start from scratch..
    Last edited by dfect; 15-12-2006 at 14:53.

FAQ From README.daemon:
    6. I am getting some errors cat: /opt/var/run/transmission.pid: No such file or
    directory /opt/share/www/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi: kill: 624: Usage: kill [-s si
    gspec | -signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [exitstatus]getting some e
    rrors cat: /opt/var/run/transmission.pid: No such file or directory /opt/share/w
    ww/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi: kill: 624: Usage: kill [-s sigspec | -signum | -sig
    spec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [exitstatus]
    This means that Transmisison daemon is not running. Use Watchdog button to start
    in manually.

7. Tried manually pressing watchdog for nothing. Im still having that text unde
    r the buttons on the script page : /opt/share/www/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi: kill
    : 624: (249) - No such process .
    It looks like daemon died for some reason. Take a look into syslog messages.
    The recommended way for running is using "Oleg" feed and not default "wl500g".

8. What directories need to be created by default?
    mkdir /tmp/harddisk/torrent
    mkdir /tmp/harddisk/torrent/source
    mkdir /tmp/harddisk/torrent/work
    mkdir /tmp/harddisk/torrent/target
    chmod a+rw /tmp/harddisk/torrent
    chmod a+rw /tmp/harddisk/torrent/source
    chmod a+rw /tmp/harddisk/torrent/target
    chmod a+rw /tmp/harddisk/torrent/work

Httpd service in Transmission-1226 works fine. Thanks oleo !
    Powered by 2 Asus wl500g Premium :-)

Began from scratch, with a factory reset on settings.. started with pointing ipkg source to oleg's one, with an update afterwards.

Just went into one error (skipping), dont know if it has any influence in function of the script, but..

[admin@wl500g root]$ ipkg install uclibc
    Installing uclibc (0.9.28-5) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...8-5_mipsel.ipk
    Configuring uclibc
    Updating /opt/etc/ld-opt.so.cache
    /opt/sbin/ldconfig: skipping /opt/usr/lib: No such file or directory
    Successfully terminated.

But everything works fine, with a little errors come up now and then, but in general it works with graph and all.

Just added 10 torrents and all started fine after hitting the update button

@Oleo, does this script allow active port transfer.. i mean do i have to open ports manually thru iptables to point the active port to router or similar?

I believe program who use active connections boosts the transfers in seeding or receiving, allowing more connetions

Does the script do this all for you?

Thanks for this great alternative to Asus official downloading options.
    Last edited by dfect; 16-12-2006 at 12:25.

Missing dir in ld-opt search path is OK.

You need to open incoming TCP port on router (65534). It also recommended to allow ping responses (ICMP protocol).

Is it enough to open the port in web-interface?, or do i have to manually set the settings thru iptables in console?

Web interface is enough. (accept)

WAN & LAN Filter,

under WAN to LAN,

Packets(WAN to LAN) not specified will be: DROP (?)

Source IP:
    Port Range: 65534
    Destination IP: 127.0.0.1
    Port Range: 65534
    Protocol: TCP

--------

Are these settings ok?

Should i insert something into Virtual Server also.., like when forwarding data to other internal lan adresses..?

To confirm, is there an easy way to see if the active mode is working properly?

Sorry for the noob-question.. but im quite new with these kinda settings, hard to test it from wan side too..
    Last edited by dfect; 17-12-2006 at 15:41.

I think that virtual server is appropriate page for setting this on Oleg firmware.

Seems that im not the only one getting into these problems, when searching the forum..

Tried alot of different setups, but i cant get like over 10Kb/s when seeding (average 5-10Kb/s), connected to most 2 peers a time, when seeding a couple of torrents.

Though it seems (like other users have said), that its easier to download.., connected to 60 peers at one time, with 4-500Kb/s average..

Compared to earlier setup with standard XP, utorrent as host/client.. I usually get atleast 100-200Kb/s when seeding a couple of torrents at a time (isp connection is 5mbit down / 5mbit up).

If it was CPU/USB usage that was overloaded on the router, it would increase the seeding when downloading is finished.., but its the same low seed speed..

@oleo, whats ur setup for allowing these rules and so on?

or could u atleast give a hint what can cause the probl..

I've added the port (65534) into Virtual Server, pointing to 127.0.0.1 (localhost), nothing done to WAN to LAN table or config, allowed 'respond ping access from WAN', also have tried to disabled the firewall (usually a 1-2 more peers pops up on each torrent when seeding, but the speeds are almost the same..)

Should i use a manual iptables configuration?

netstat -ln :

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:515 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8008 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:139 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:9100 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5431 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:65534 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3838 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 :::23 :::* LISTEN

Seeding, uploading to 0 of 0 peer(s), 0.00 KB/s Start: 17 Dec 15:40 End: 18 Dec 04:30 716 seeder(s), 124 leecher(s), 1665 download(s). uploaded: 5.9 MB
    Last edited by dfect; 18-12-2006 at 12:31.

You can check your connectivity with telneting to your listening port, eg
    Code:
    telnet  your.outside.router.ip 65534
    Connected to your.outside.router.ip
    Escape character is '^]'.
    help me
    Nice try...
    Connection closed by foreign host.
    You should get Nice try... response.

I use another OpenWRT router for routing and QOS only. With lastest buildroot changes it is also possible to run Optware on OpenWRT whiterussian. When disk and swap is functioning just point to http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...t/cross/stable
    and install uclibc-opt and other packages.

Another news is that there are some Transmission ratecontrol changes in r1255 that shoud stop charshing daemon when ratecontrol is used.

This is all untested though.

Have been trying that, seems that my computer get pointed directly to the local ip of the router, cause if i type my WAN ip directly in explorer i come to Admin login web-interface (without "wan-activated" it). Also if i telnet to it i get login and putty thru ssh also..

I've tested this from outside, telling people to http://my-wan-ip (as i did).., and they get no responce.., same thing happends when they try telnet my-ip.. no responce..

Tried the same with proxy, anonymous web-browser and so on, no responce..

But if i add a forwarding to a ftp server or web server in my lan in Virtual Server, without touching anything else.. it works.. ftp://my-wan-ip is working from outside, for people. Same when browsing http://my-wan-ip from a anonymous web-browser..

Strange.. could it be so that the router senses the packages to the ip and see that it matches the wan-ip and change the traffic directly without linking it out on the wan?
    Last edited by dfect; 18-12-2006 at 14:35.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast