Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Webcam Setup

create avi by webcam

I can't create the avi by the right click the live screen more than three pictures. I prompt "No image created!"

I'm not sure the issue will happen before firmware version 1.7.5.9 or not.

kuen

Quote Originally Posted by bernd
    I would like a link on my homepage (based on isp), - 123.456.789.12:7777, you press the button and watch my kat, dog – what ever. anonymous access will be ok
    The solution from oCe -(http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=2148&postcount=17) is nice and ok but based on an “homepage-server” turned on all the time.
    Secure access – I mean the only thing open is webcam-feed from port 7777.(right now you must open port 80 for access the webcam asp. from wan.)
    the proper url for my webcam-code is http://members.home.nl/oce/bunnycam now. in there you can find the active-x .cab file you'll need and the html-file, which is all you need to make your webcam available for anyone, without login. only thing you'll 'publish' (in the code of the html) is your server/wl500g-ip. little explanation of the mose imortart part of code:

VALUE=127.0.0.1:7777:320:240:12>'

This part, above, has to be (for your own webcam):

IP:WEBCAMPORT:HORIZONTALWEBCAMRESOLUTION:VERTICALW EBCAMRESOLUTION:12

don't ask my why 12 has to be at the end, I have no idea; any other number simply trashes the webcam-image. for any questions feel fry to pm/mail me.
    Last edited by oCe; 25-07-2004 at 20:07.
    -I am Jack's wasted life.

Talking

hallo oCe,
    thank you, it`s works!
    bernd

Webcam Setup

Hi,

I have my Asus WL500g installed with lan and wan.

I saw that there was an USB input but never used , but now i want to connect my webcam on it so i can see on one of the pc's thrue my webcam.

I didn't get far with the manual , so if somebody want's to explain me , what i have to fill in or set to let my Creative Webcam 3 works.

I allready tryed , the green light is burning , activeX enabled but he told me he couldn't connect.

If somebody ( with much time) wants to help me on messenger -> scovitch_@hotmail.com <-

Mzzls,

Sco

( ps: Soz for my bad english , i'm still learning )

use search first please....

https://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=642

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Angry connect digital camera as webcam

My digital camera (fuji finepix S5000) can I also use as a webcam. On the desktopcomputer there are no problems and it works fine. When I connect it with the WL500g I get "Couldn't connect to server". (also with OV511 and PWC). (firmware 1.7.5.6).

Is it possible to connect the fuji to the wl 500g?

Quote Originally Posted by boppe
    My digital camera (fuji finepix S5000) can I also use as a webcam. On the desktopcomputer there are no problems and it works fine. When I connect it with the WL500g I get "Couldn't connect to server". (also with OV511 and PWC). (firmware 1.7.5.6).

Is it possible to connect the fuji to the wl 500g?
    i've not yet seen any digicam capable of doing this at the wl500g

allthough it is capable.. but has no driver to do it..

you would have to compile it on your own if you really want this.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Unhappy Suddenly my Logitech 4000 Pro webcam didn't work

I have configured my Logitech 4000 Pro webcam to connect my WL-500g for more than 2 weeks and worked very fine (with firmware 1.7.5.6). However, suddenly it didn't work though I haven't made any change of router settings. I have tried to (1) connect remotely and locally through 3 different PCs, (2) restored to Factory Default by clicking the option in web config as well as (3) pressing the button at the back of the router, but the problem was still found.

Details of the Problem: When I connected to my webcam remotely by pressing the "Preview" in "Image Size" row within the web config, I got the error message "couldn't create socket" within a "ASUS NetCam" message window. After clicked this message window, another error message "can't connect to server" appeared also within a "ASUS NetCam" message window. Then the error message of the IE6 would appear and the browser closed.

But when I connected to my webcam remotely by pressing the "Preview" in "Remote Control Mode" row with "192.168.1.1" defined for Remote Site 1, it worked FINE.

Although I upgraded the firmware to 1.7.5.9, the problem was still existed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

mirrored image with webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by appo
    Tested@
    Model: WL-500g
    Firmware: 1.7.5.6

Device WORKING
    Brandname: Philips
    Brandtype: ToUCam FUN II (PCVC830K)
    USB Interface: USB 1.1 compliant
    URL To manufacturer: http://www.pcstuff.philips.com

Comment: I am facing a mirrored image but maybe that's just a camera setting that I need to change on the PC
    Does anyone have a sollution for this mirrored image????
    I have the same problem!

Also the image stops getting updates after 10 seconds. (with new asus firmware)

thanx

Hummm

From the PWC Driver F.A.Q:
    My image is mirrored

This seems to happen with the PCVC730 and the Logitech cam; I have seen it myself, and it has been reported a number of times. Unfortunately I don't have a solution, and even the folks at Philips aren't sure what the problem is...

Of course that doesn't help you a lot, but at least you know you're not alone :-)

There have been a number of requests to make a 'mirror' option for the module. That is certainly possible, but that would require modifications to the PWCX module as well, including a new major number. Eventually, it will happen, no worries
    Look arround Here, there was somewhere a Tool on the HP to tweak more special internal settings of the cam, i think also some which get stored permanently. Maybe you write to the Autor and post him that your cam Chipset has the same problems ...
    Last edited by WlanMan; 17-08-2004 at 23:00.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123