Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webcam Setup

Originally posted by Wisi
    it worked on local computer?

only to proove if its workin
    Yes, of course. I think I'll buy another camera then, thanks for your input.

Mirrored image Philips ToUCam FUN II (830) Webcam

Without any problem I connected my Philips ToUCam FUN II (830) Webcam on the router. I can access the webcam no problem from the internet, however ...

.... my image is horizontaly mirrored. Everything on the left should be on the right and vice versa. Anyone else seen this before and knows how to fix it?

Alexander

General question (webcam) driver

I am a linux/unix n00b, although I find it rather fascinating that I am now able to telnet to my router (with de CR3 firmware). But is doesn't go much further than the ls command.
    But know my question. Is it hard to build in different drivers? Let's say I want a driver for my webcam built in (actually I do want that). Can I do that myself or do I have to rely on someone else's goodwill to do it for me?
    Last edited by john37; 18-05-2004 at 06:43.

Question MEDION MD9388 or LifeTek LT9388 webcam

MEDION MD9388 or LifeTek LT9388 webcam.

Can anyone suggest where to buy one of these? I'm in the UK, but I don't mind buying from overseas if necessary.

In the RCH forum it mentions Aldi, is this the supplier?

BTW, I've had problems posting today, I wanted to submit a report that the Philips ToUcam PCVC720K/40 doesn't work. I think it may be the /40 that is the problem, see: http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/confused.html

Logitech Webcam Connection Problem

Hello all,

I'm French, and sorry for my poor english.

I have a problem with a logitech webcam, I setup The WL-500g for use it, but when I must to connect it I have an alert windows "can't connect to the server"

DO you have a solution ?

Thanks for your answer

read the faq first please,
    http://wl500g.info/faq.php?faq=forum...#faq_the_rules

also use the search first, could be handy.

so read it, and please edit your post

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Webcam & setting the clock to the right time?

OK, I've now bought a Logitech 3000 Pro webcam, and the webcam server now works. I'm a bit disapointed with the size, 320 x 240, can this be increased?

Secondly, there is a date/time display on the webcam - how do you set it?

webcam

Hallo Antiloop, Oleg and all the other
    Thanks for hanging on programming for the wl-500g community, without your work, the router was almost useless – an ordinary router. Now, after printing, ftp and many other thinks working fine, I have one big wish left
    … A functionally webcam asp ! (This actually was the argument for me, to buy the Wl-500g)
    To run a webcamserver from the router and without the computer online all the time will bee great. The actually solution in Firmware v.1.7.5.6 CR4 from Oleg hasn’t the possibility for secure access too (my) webcam, I rely don’t like to writ the router-access PW on my homepage …just for show up my dog in the garden.
    Place programming a solution for simple and secure access to the webcams.
    Best regards
    bernd
    Last edited by bernd; 31-05-2004 at 22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelmercier
    Secondly, there is a date/time display on the webcam - how do you set it?
    It is set automatically using NTP server (if you did not remove it from the configuration) in case you are connected to Internet.
    Otherwise you can set it manually:
    date [OPTION]... [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]] [+FORMAT]

Quote Originally Posted by Technik
    It is set automatically using NTP server (if you did not remove it from the configuration) in case you are connected to Internet.
    Otherwise you can set it manually:
    date [OPTION]... [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]] [+FORMAT]
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a broadband connection (yet), so that explains it.

I've often seen these "manual" commands in these forums, but I have no idea how to use them. Is there an idiot's guide?

Thanks for the info. I don't have a broadband connection (yet), so that explains it.

I've often seen these "manual" commands in these forums, but I have no idea how to use them. Is there an idiot's guide?
    In general, there's nothing special for WL-500b/g. As it is a 'light' version of Linux running on it, you can usually find some tips (related to concrete topics) by searching the web...

Quote Originally Posted by Technik
    In general, there's nothing special for WL-500b/g. As it is a 'light' version of Linux running on it, you can usually find some tips (related to concrete topics) by searching the web...
    I wouldn't even know where to enter the command interface.

I wouldn't even know where to enter the command interface.
    So why don't you search this forum?
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12

A customized firmware made by Oleg with Telnet daemon running is much better choice of course...

What do you mean by 'secure access'? Another password, different from Admin's one? An anonymous access (without password) is unacceptable?

I would like a link on my homepage (based on isp), - 123.456.789.12:7777, you press the button and watch my kat, dog – what ever. anonymous access will be ok
    The solution from oCe -(http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=2148&postcount=17) is nice and ok but based on an “homepage-server” turned on all the time.
    Secure access – I mean the only thing open is webcam-feed from port 7777.(right now you must open port 80 for access the webcam asp. from wan.)
    Last edited by bernd; 01-06-2004 at 21:46.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast