Thread: Can I set a custom bandwith limit in the wl520G?

Exclamation Can I set a custom bandwith limit in the wl520G?

Hi everyone,

This is the scenario

I'm living in a house with one other student. We shared the connection ( not fast about 120 tot 150 kbs download ) and everything was fine. I game a lot and he only uses msn.
    Than a third student came living here and he downloads like crazy ( at least thats what I think he does ) because now I cant game anymore and surfing on the web is horrible to do as all the pages load really slow.

So I was thinking, we split the monthly fee for the internet, so why not split the bandwith over all 3 of us. This way its not like hes 80 and we get to do it with 20 but than everyone uses 30 to 40 wich is fine for the things we need to do.

And maybe if this is possible agree on a download time ( like 23:00pm is open for downloading ) but thats more of a houselike agreement and has got nothing to do with settings in a router

Thanks everyone I hope you can understand this all as sometimes I'm good at messing up a text so no one can read it

Greetings

Cyber

2. Read the Wondershaper discussion here: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...t=wondershaper

That's all you'll need, although it will take some work to set up correctly

Ok thanks a lot.

Ill go read it and experiment with it tonight