Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Giftd on wl500g

Quote Originally Posted by Pirat
    Cool!
    There is only one thing I need: eMule/eDonky/KAD-Network-Support AND import eMule-Files.

By the way: incomming files are saved in public_ftp NOT in public_ftp/incomming!!!!
    The temporary files are store in ftp_pub/incoming and the completed files are stored in ftp_pub (or was it ftp_pub/completed ). If you don't like this behaviour you can change this by editing your .gift/giftd.conf file.

Quote Originally Posted by DeF
    I've got the same problem my self. The only sollution i can find on the net is to update the gwebcaches file, but i haven't found a new one yet
    I found a recent one in the CVS: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gift

Updating the gwebcaches file doesn't solve the problem of not connecting to the gnutella network for me though. This is what the giFT plugin writes to the logfile:
    Code:
    [17:31:42] Gnutella: No hosts to try. Looking in gwebcaches...
    [17:31:42] Gnutella: Retrying to connect to nodes...
    [17:31:52] Gnutella: try_some_nodes() returned 0. node list len=0
    Does anyone have an idea about what's causing this. Google has found nothing for me yet. I don't have a firewall running so that should not be the problem here...
    Last edited by Styno; 28-07-2004 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Does anyone have an idea about what's causing this. Google has found nothing for me yet. I don't have a firewall running so that should not be the problem here...
    If hacked a little bit around in the source code and found that the gnutella plugin doesn't properly resolve hostname's of gwebcache's. It's one of those mystyrious C problem's couse gethostbyname return's NULL but the h_errno is also set to 0. I'll try to fix it when i'm back from vacation.

A simple sollution is to just convert all domain name's in the gwebcaches file to ip adress's. After this gnutella should find some node's. but I haven't been able to test if giFT really connect's to these node's(I see an afull lot of DISCONNECTED message's in my log )

Quote Originally Posted by Rom666
    What are you config for wl500g ? I try update to Firmware v.1.7.5.9 CR3 [Oleg] abd have the same problem. Actually I've configure ftp, my isp, wifi connection , telnet and ssh connection and that all. No configuration of samba and firewall.
    I use giFToxic and giftwin32 as clients. on my router i have Firmware v.1.7.5.9 CR3 [Oleg] the only noteable thing in my config is that i disabled upnp. Appart from that i didn't change very much in the factory default's.

A new gwebcaches file is in CVS now. Also, there is a new Perl script for generating an up-to-date gwebcaches file.

These can be found here

Exclamation

I just converted all domain name's in the gwebcaches file (from http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p...Gnutella/data/) to ip adress's, see attachment.

1. Download "gwebcaches.txt"
    2. Rename "gwebcaches.txt" to '"gwebcaches"
    3. Save it in the directory "/mnt/usbfs/.giFT/Gnutella"
    4. Run Giftd and see how it connects to the Gnutella network

Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GJAman; 03-10-2004 at 22:57.
    KEEP FORUMS @ WL500G.INFO UP!!! - DONATE NOW, CLICK HERE!!!

I tried several gwebcaches:
    - The original by DeF
    - The updated and converted to IP addresses by GJAman
    - The latest from http://gcachescan.jonatkins.com

and nothing helps me connecting to Gnutella.

I'm not using the firewall normally, but when I enabled it, it didn't work too.

Exclamation New version is out!

OpenFT 0.2.1.4 has been released! Not much is new, mostly just
    bugfixes. However, this release is noteworthy in being the first not
    to have been made by jasta; we'll see how it goes...

From the ChangeLog:

* Fixed a signedness bug that could cause problems with non-ASCII
    characters on some platforms.

* Fixed a packet handling bug that could cause an infinite loop.

* Minor networking tweaks.

* Fixed clipping of the nodes cache.

Get it from the usual place:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=257474

Enjoy,

Tom.
    Hopefully, the threadstarter can compile us a new binary

People who are willing to share us their knowledge are invited to drop a few lines in the giFT Wiki page @ http://wiki.wl500g.info/index.php/PackageGift

Talking

Hi

Itīs Just imazing that this realy works, my dreams come true .
    But whatīs about the memory usage ?

For the Edonkey Network, what is about Cdonkey ??
    Im not sure about the Projekt state and its compatibility to the currend clients, but it compiles to a 1,2MB binary so use on the 500g seems possible ...

Btw, my Router is now ordered, i can hardly wait

CDonkey is a eMule core network project. It was not designed for use as a pluging for giFT. But nobody is stopping you from writing a giFT plugin wrapper for CDonkey.

Please let us know when you have it working

While giFT, in theory, is great for use on the WL-500g, there are some issues with it which make it inferior to a WIN32 desktop counterpart.

Consider the following situation:
    I want to download a certain video file (non-copyrighted ofcourse ). I do a search and on the KaZaA netwerk and some ppl are sharing it so I start the download. After that I shutdown my desktop and check again a few days later, expecting to find a downloaded file on the USB HD. But, to my ashtonishing, giFT hasn't downloaded a single byte . So I give giFT the command to search for additional sources and the application starts downloading the file. 'Whohoo that's great' I thought and I shutdown my client again. After a few day's I check how far the download is progressing: and again (you can guess what happenend) only a few hundred kilobytes have been dowloaded. This is weird because when I give the command to find additional sources, it starts downloading from several sources with speeds approaching my ADSL bandwith. This time I started watching its behaviour and notice that after a few minutes everything is quiet again and I need to give the 'find additional sources' command again.

This behaviour is totally unwanted for a standalone application. As the name allready says: the application should do its work 'stand alone', I shouldn't have to be on the controlls all the time

KaZaA however works much better in this respect, it does its own 'find additional sources' once in a while and completes downloads much, much faster then giFT. So the conclusion: It's not all sunshine using giFT...

I found some news on the Gnutella connection problem:

From the giFT mailing list:
    By the way, gnutella 0.0.9.2 has been failing to connect for most
    people. You probably want to use the 0.0.10-rc1 pre-release, which
    is not on the sourceforge site, but which can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/2mtus

giFTwakeup

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    While giFT, in theory, is great for use on the WL-500g, there are some issues with it which make it inferior to a WIN32 desktop counterpart.
    (valid complaint snipped)

There's a tiny program called giFTwakeup in the giFTcurs distribution which does nothing other than initiate source searches for stalled downloads every few minutes.

Get the source from http://www.nongnu.org/giftcurs/, configure, then do "cd src; make giFTwakeup".

Hope that helps.

Sounds like a realy Dirty Hack
    Sadly cdonkey and Gitf seem to have low development at the moment ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast