Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent Not Working

Bittorrent Not Working

I have just acquired WL700ge. I have connected it to Netgear DG834 ADSL modem router and configured it (WL700ge) as access point. I can access the internet OK but when I try to download using the Bittorrent client it just says 'queued' the whole time. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jfletcher View Post
    I have just acquired WL700ge. I have connected it to Netgear DG834 ADSL modem router and configured it (WL700ge) as access point. I can access the internet OK but when I try to download using the Bittorrent client it just says 'queued' the whole time. What am I doing wrong?
    Probably nothing. the BT client is really shoddy. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for the day either a custom firmware is developed by some nice soul who knows waaay more about this stuff than I do, or Asus fixed it so it doesn't suck so bad. Heck I'd settle for a BT client someone compiled to work with the router.

I had a feeling that might be the answer - thanks.

4. Just to be sure : you set the BT ports right in the 700g and your modem/router have the ports opened for it ?

The BT client that comes packaged with the wl700g is called ctorrent, which is an open-source command line client that's been out of development for a few years. It was probably modified a bit to work with the router's firmware and hardware, but it's still pretty crappy.

I give Asus an E for effort on trying to give us all these great bells & whistles in this router, I just wish they would have done a bit more QA on it before shipping it.

there is a client called enhanced-ctorrent. This is a de"Bug"ed and little enhanced ctorrent. (no 2 GB limit, ...).
    install this one instead of ctorrent! how you can do this is described in the forum.

for me it is working fine!

enhanced-ctorrent for the WL-700ge?
    That would be nice.
    I searched the forum but no mention on how to do this for the WL-700 only for WL-500.
    Can you give us the link?

THIS IS AWESOME! Now, how the heck do we install it? Do we need to compile it for mipsel or is there a mipsel version floating around somewhere?

Just to be sure : you set the BT ports right in the 700g and your modem/router have the ports opened for it ?

No, I didn't - sorry, I'm not very techie - what do I need to do?

OK, I configured ports 6881-6889 to be forwarded to the wl700ge, and configured the wl700ge to use those ports, but i didn't make any difference.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

It also depends on what you're downloading, and how many seeders and such the particular torrent has. Combine a low seeder/leecher count and a buggy client, and you could be downloading for quite a while.

My weekend project is gonna be trying to figure out how to replace ctorrent with enhanced-ctorrent. I've done some checking around and it looks very possible, but I'm at work right now so I can't tinker with it.

It may also require some modification and recompiling of the router's firmware to enable some additonal features in busybox to really do it good. If I have any luck I'll post a small tutorial, provided I can remember what I did to get it working in the first place.

What is interesting is that in the Download\Incomplete folder I have found the downloads corresponding to the last few torrents I've run. Each has the correct name and appropriate filesize - but none of them run properly - it's as if they've been corrupted during download.

Hello fireflash,

i don't think, that the wl700ge is very different from wl500gP. All is Mipsel...
    i used the tutorial with the iPkg install-stuff:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=5909
    just change the ipkg install ctorrent to ipkg install enhanced-ctorrent!

i have a wl500gx -> an old version of the Premium one but almost everything worked fine. i ever tought that the wl700g is like a wl500g with an internal harddisc. so maybe the tutorial should work for you too....

greetings
    Last edited by karlunge; 21-10-2006 at 16:56.

Quote Originally Posted by karlunge View Post
    Hello fireflash,

i don't think, that the wl700ge is very different from wl500gP. All is Mipsel...

i have a wl500gx -> an old version of the Premium one but almost everything worked fine. i ever tought that the wl700g is like a wl500g with an internal harddisc. so maybe the tutorial should work for you too....

greetings
    But there's no ipkg program within the 700g. and there's no oleg version of the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by karlunge View Post
    Hello fireflash,

greetings
    wl700ge does differ from all other versions, it does not have IPKG nor Telnet/SSH enabled (by default) firmwares yet

it is possible to enable telnet using a simple 'hack' but this does not help you much further in the beginning

the WL500g with an internal harddisk is the WL-HDD

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast