Thread: can't connect with SSH from WAN after 2 days

can't connect with SSH from WAN after 2 days

I've the last Oleg' firmware and i've a problem with the SSH. After 2 days or more i can't connect to my router by SSh on the WAN port but the ssh still work on the lan . I must restart the router and the ssh work for 2 days and crash again.
    help me please

Is it possible that someone try to connect to my router and ssh refuse connexion after bad password ??

How you've adjusted your firewall settings for ssh WAN access?

I've the same rule as here (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=385) for ssh WAN access.

this is my bootCmd :
    echo 2048> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max
    /init/rc.sshd
    echo "iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn --dport 22 -j ACCEPT" >> /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2
    /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2

I've the v1.7.5.6 CR5 firmware

This will only work for pppoe/ppptp/static connection. And will not work with dhcp. The prefered way is upgrading to 1.7.5.9-2 & writing post-firewall script.
    In short, if you can't access ssh from WAN side, but it does work from the LAN at the same time, then it's mostly firewall problem. You can check it state using iptables -L -v

Yes ssh work from Lan side when it crash on Wan side. But it's strange because if it was un firewall problem, ssh doesn't work on Wan side all the time
    I will upgrade to 1.7.5.9-2 to see if the problem persist.

I upgrade to 1.7.5.9-2 but the problem is the same. With this firmware i can also use ssh all the time in the lan but not by the wan. So I must rebbot the router. I've nothing in the status log which can expalin me what is the problem. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by yanism
    I upgrade to 1.7.5.9-2 but the problem is the same. With this firmware i can also use ssh all the time in the lan but not by the wan. So I must rebbot the router. I've nothing in the status log which can expalin me what is the problem. It's weird.
    are you still using bootCmdX ?
    or do you use as suggested by Oleg the post-firewall etc?
    if not than THAT is the problem!

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO