Thread: Problem with Itunes

Problem with Itunes

Hey, i just got my Wl700gE last week and already I've had quite a number of problems with it, especially when it came to upgrading the firmware. But that is not my main issue. My primary purpose for buying this device is to use it as a home media server of sorts. I managed to get iTunes to work with the device before upgrading the firmware, but turning off and turning on the enable media server option in the web interface control. However, eversince I upgraded the firmware to 1.0.4.6, iTunes across my machines at home have not been able to discover the music on the Wl700. Is there something that I am missing here?

Also, anyone with any other recommendations with how we can get Asus to improve the documentation for this device?

Quote Originally Posted by jyew View Post
    anyone with any other recommendations with how we can get Asus to improve the documentation for this device?
    see this thread

Hallo

i have same problem ....
    have you any news or help about this problem?

Regards

Yogi

Just a bit of help

I need a favour.
    I've got Wl50gP box, but I really need iTunes server, without an external firmware. I tried to install mt-daapd 0.2.4 mipsel ipkg, I mean i wrote the config file and run it from the hidden admin page (router.ip/Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp), but nothing happens. I think the version is wrong. I need somebody, who download the mt-daapd and mt-daapd.conf file from asus wl700gE. Please someone!

Help for ITunes

Hi viktite,

i will do that, but could you give me more detailed
    information about it.
    I have not enough backgrung knowledge about
    you request.

Yogi123

Detailed Information

First, open a web browser, enter url: http://192.168.1.1/Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp and enter admin login.
    On the page type "ps" (without commas), and press refresh button (not enter).
    You will see the running processes. Then find the line mt-daapd. Then, please copy and paste that line here.
    Then I can tell you the second step...

Question The same problem

Hi viktike, I have the same problem, the mt-daapd does not start. I tried starting it manually by executing the startup script in /opt/etc/init.d and the deamon did not start. It doesn't write any error messages. I think the mt-daapd.conf I set should be good.

I would appricciate any steps to try to solve this problem.

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by viktike View Post
    First, open a web browser, enter url: http://192.168.1.1/Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp and enter admin login.
    On the page type "ps" (without commas), and press refresh button (not enter).
    You will see the running processes. Then find the line mt-daapd. Then, please copy and paste that line here.
    Then I can tell you the second step...
    could you please clarify? i've had my asus for months and note once has itunes recognized the share.
    * "Enable Media Server" is set to yes on applications.asp
    * my music in the /Music folder. i do have several subdirectories (genres) but some mp3s are in the base folder
    * itunes 6 is set to look for shared library (i would prefer not to upgrade to itunes 7, which was not released when the wl-700ge debuted)

in your instructions, 1) the url you give doesn't work; i assume you mean the default status page, 2) i have no idea what you mean by page type -- is this a reference to modifying the url; if so what is the full url to processes, 3) how can i determine if mt-daapd is running?

i would consider installing one of the community firware packages, but to be honest that is still daunting. if that is in fact the best path to having the itunes share functionality, which package is best? any tips for non linux-heads?

i have succesfully installed mt-daapd 0.2.4-2 using the following configuration

web_root /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root
    port 3689
    admin_pw XXXXXXXX
    db_dir /opt/var/mt-daapd
    mp3_dir /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Music
    servername WL700GE
    runas guest
    playlist /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.playlist
    extensions .mp3,.m4a,.m4p
    art_filename _folderOpenImage.jpg
    rescan_interval 600
    always_scan 0
    process_m3u 1

this enables playlists for your shared itunes-lib (both dynamic and static)

to use this you have to start mt-daapd with /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf from your rc.local

cu harald

When i try to install mt-daapd, i get this:

Code:
    [root@Meterkast ~]$ ipkg install mt-daapd
    Installing mt-daapd (0.2.4-2) to root/...
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/mt-daapd_0.2.4-2_mipsel.ipk
    Configuring mt-daapd
    syntax error
    postinst script returned status 255
    ERROR: mt-daapd.postinst returned 255
    Successfully terminated.
    Does anybody know why?

Sollie.

Sorry for answering after so much time

You have to edit mt-daapd.postinst and change
    # !/bin/sh
    into
    # !/bin/bash
    of course you must have bash installed on your System

cu
    Harald

Thanks it works.

I used: # !/opt/bin/bash
    Last edited by sollie; 14-05-2007 at 15:01.