Thread: massive problem with wireless function

Question massive problem with wireless function

Hi,

I am new here. I bought the ASUS WL500G about 2 weeks ago and everything works properly. Then i upgraded the firmware to 1.7.5.6 CR3 and my problem began: I configured my new server ( connected to the router with a netgear 54Mbit wireless pci card ), configured the router properly but my server cant establish a connection to the router, even worse, he didnt find him at all ( windows xp pro ). so i updated to 1.7.5.6 CR4 but the problem is still there. I tried it with my computer and installed a 11Mbit siemens wireless pcmcia card and it is the same problem like i had with my server.

DHCP is activated, internet connection works fine but only if i connect my pc with a network cable ;-/

i dont know how to solve this problem - i am frustrated because additionally the port triggering for my ftp doesnt work, either. anyone know how does this work?

greetz & thanx for your replies

chillkuegelchen

--------------------------------
    edit:

i scanned with Netstumbler and i can find my SSID and the signal strength is ok, the siemens tool does find my AP as well, but Windows doesnt find a available wireless network.
    Last edited by chillkuegelchen; 17-07-2004 at 15:50. Reason: new information

about 60 views and no answer??
    come on, please help me

i think it is a problem of windows xp because i read that in several other threads in different boards..

i think it's an issue of not setting up correctly

try following this thread first
    https://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10

do exactly as told there..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

hi,

i think it isnt a settings problem, because my card work fine since yesterday 2 am
    i recognized only that the computer hangs up sometimes when i am up/down loading something through flash fxp while using emule on the server.

But the other problem with wan ---> lan / ftp server doesnt work like i want to
    I put up the Triggerports correctly ( 5656 for ftp and 33000-34000 passive mode ),settings of bulletproof ftp are ok ( passive mode, user name, home dir etc ) but it still doesnt work

Can anybody tell me how i can make the right settings through Telnet - i can establish a connection to my router with HyperTerminal but then ... ??

greetz - thanx for answers

chillkuegelchen