Thread: WL-HDD lose sometimes settings and is unreachable

WL-HDD lose sometimes settings and is unreachable

Hi together,

long time since i wrote my last message here.
    i have a problem if i run my wlhdd in hybrid mode (so that i able to repeat and connect to the wlhdd as a ap), sometimes after enable the power (i often disconnect it) the device not longer reachable. the wlan ssid is set to default and security is in open mode. but i'm note able to connect via wlan or lan. i have to reflash by asus tool. i run the newest from oleqs fw. does anybody have a clue how i can prohibit that?

thx a lot.

regards
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Quote Originally Posted by xlephant View Post
    Hi together,

long time since i wrote my last message here.
    i have a problem if i run my wlhdd in hybrid mode (so that i able to repeat and connect to the wlhdd as a ap), sometimes after enable the power (i often disconnect it) the device not longer reachable. the wlan ssid is set to default and security is in open mode. but i'm note able to connect via wlan or lan. i have to reflash by asus tool. i run the newest from oleqs fw. does anybody have a clue how i can prohibit that?

thx a lot.

regards
    wb xlephant

perhaps you turn it almost daily off and on right?

I have seen this before, and is known to me personally
    only solution I know is to NOT turn it off and on regulary

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

thx antiloop.

do you know if it was also in the hybrid mode?
    i ask because if i run the wlhdd in bridge only mode it is no problem to switch the wlhdd off so often you want (tested over 4-5 months). two days ago i set again to, expand my wlan area, to hybrid mode and today, after 4-6 plug offs the settings are gone.

no idea why!!
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Quote Originally Posted by xlephant View Post
    thx antiloop.

do you know if it was also in the hybrid mode?
    i ask because if i run the wlhdd in bridge only mode it is no problem to switch the wlhdd off so often you want (tested over 4-5 months). two days ago i set again to, expand my wlan area, to hybrid mode and today, after 4-6 plug offs the settings are gone.

no idea why!!
    no the thing I have seen was with 2 WL500g's (one is now my property and never had the problem when I have been using it)

and configuration was a normal one, just wep encryption no fancy stuff, I replaced it then with a new one.. (the old one is mine now) and the new one began suffering the same problem

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO