Thread: Exclusive Asus WL-500w pictures!

Exclusive Asus WL-500w pictures!

this is a preview of the pictures, a preview will be made for this device soon

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Antennas

I could not see it in the picture: can each antenna be unscrewed so that a high-gain antenna can be connected?

By the picture is doesn´t seam to be detachable, i was thinking to buy one of this but that wouldn´t let me conect 3 highgain antennas wich was my aim so i went to 500gp instead.
    All features are very good except this, anyone haves more information ?

Quote Originally Posted by Djzleite View Post
    By the picture is doesn´t seam to be detachable, i was thinking to buy one of this but that wouldn´t let me conect 3 highgain antennas wich was my aim so i went to 500gp instead.
    All features are very good except this, anyone haves more information ?
    the antenna's are not detacheable by default unless you replace the connectors which would void your warranty

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

how much / what RAM does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop View Post
    the antenna's are not detacheable by default unless you replace the connectors which would void your warranty
    I am keen to buy this router ( Newegg for $65 after rebate), seems a good deal.

But a question, if I wanted to modify it and add high gain antennas, but is it really necessary to install 3 x antennas? I ask because I know that numerous routers provide 1x screw in antenna (usually the center one) and have either two external none removal ones or have internal PCB antennas ( something about spacial antennas).

I know nothing about this really and ask for some input. Basically I was hoping to "get away" with 1x high gain antenna (here's hoping!)