Thread: New official Asus firmware: 1.9.7.0

New official Asus firmware: 1.9.7.0

Changelog:
    WL-500gP Firmware in English/ Traditional Chinese, version 1.9.7.0
    Change Firmware upgrade through web interface to 3 minutes
    Modify language switch page

Not really an update...

There is one very big pro with this new firmware: PPTP Connections in Austria are working now! So there must have been bugfixes.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EddieZ View Post
    Changelog:
    WL-500gP Firmware in English/ Traditional Chinese, version 1.9.7.0
    Change Firmware upgrade through web interface to 3 minutes
    Modify language switch page

Not really an update...
    Hi,

thx for the info, but I'm thinking that ist an real update
    ... updating the firmware in old versions runs about 12 (twleve) mins ...
    Last edited by exdlinker; 10-09-2006 at 16:52.

As far as I counted thius update lasted 12 minutes or so.

Looks like the next update will tell if the claim is true.

... yes lets wait
    cu

exdlinker

old: DI-624
    new: WL500gP

Quote Originally Posted by exdlinker View Post
    ... yes lets wait
    Today i upgrade router to 1.9.7.0. And after one hour i change this firmware to Oleg's firmware pre-7 Upgrating process taked about 1,5 minutes (but Oleg's firmware have smallest size than an ASUS wirmware ~3Mb). => Yes, it's real.

Hi EddieZ, hi everyone,

I've just updated my router with this new firmware and it took more then 12 minutes
    In fact, I've waited much more ( ~30 min. ) and the router did not finished the update process. After a while it stopped to respond even to ping commands.
    Then I had to Power Off/On my router, Of course when restarted the PWR started to flashing-slow.
    Finally I've managed to update to 1.9.7.0 with firmware restoration tool.
    So hopefully the next update will take just 3 min. and run with no problems.

In fact the most important chage since my original firmware (1.9.6.7) is that looks like the whole 32 Megs of memory is enabled now, which was not the case in the previous version.

The main reason of my upgrade was to solve some problems with user access rights for samba, the Asus change log claims that they solved it since 1.9.6.8, but I still have some problems with that. I'll post that on a more appropriate thread since here would be off-topic.

cu
    r.

Another new thing I found in this firmware is option to set "radio power" in Wireles/advanced menu.

Funny thing is, that default value is set to 19 (I guess this was the value before this option was opened). But when you try to save the page, Java Script validation alerts you that possible values are only between 10 and 17 !!! This means that default value is already outside range!

Hmm?

Does anyone know what this value represents (mW, or some internal variable value)?

It is back, it disappeared some time ago.

19 means that your Asus operates at
    "TxPower is 127 qdbm, 31.75 dbm, 1496 mW Override is Off"

This is the default setting for GB, for GE (German setting) it is a lot lower.

Seems to me that this is the max. Any others with higher values?

Quote Originally Posted by robi View Post
    Hi EddieZ, hi everyone,

I've just updated my router with this new firmware and it took more then 12 minutes
    In fact, I've waited much more ( ~30 min. ) and the router did not finished the update process. After a while it stopped to respond even to ping commands.
    Then I had to Power Off/On my router, Of course when restarted the PWR started to flashing-slow.
    Finally I've managed to update to 1.9.7.0 with firmware restoration tool.
    So hopefully the next update will take just 3 min. and run with no problems.

In fact the most important chage since my original firmware (1.9.6.7) is that looks like the whole 32 Megs of memory is enabled now, which was not the case in the previous version.

The main reason of my upgrade was to solve some problems with user access rights for samba, the Asus change log claims that they solved it since 1.9.6.8, but I still have some problems with that. I'll post that on a more appropriate thread since here would be off-topic.

cu
    r.
    It happens the same 2 me, the power started flashing-slow, I tried the firmware restoration tool but with no success, it doesn't detect the router, did u used static ip? Can u describe how u upload the firmware, I can't use the router

Resolved
    Last edited by guilherme; 19-09-2006 at 03:04.