Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.8.1.3 (Qualification Test)

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt
    Strange.. I was certain that I had a APIPA address before I could restore the old firmware.. But heck; maybe my computer just had a valid ip just before flashing.. didn't check during flash which ip I had..
    when flashing fails, your PC does not renew IP (why should it?)
    so you keep an IP

what do you mean by APIPA ?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

When disconnecting the power of the WL500g, my computer looses it's network connection en thereby releases it's IP... When powering up the WL500g in restoration mode, the connection comes up again but my computer couldn't find the dhcp and got a 169.254.x.x (Automatic Private IP Addressing) address.. and then the restoration went perfectly..

That's why I thought firmware restoration used an APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing) address

Yes, WL500g restoration does not need any specific IP address. But assigning static IP address is the fastest way to get the valid address.

problem connecting with telnet

Dear All,

I have upgraded my router sucessfully to 1.8.1.3, but now the telnet connection does not work to enable ssh. Any idea?
    I have done a port scan from lan, and only port 80 and 515 are open, not 23.

Quote Originally Posted by rodace
    Dear All,

I have upgraded my router sucessfully to 1.8.1.3, but now the telnet connection does not work to enable ssh. Any idea?
    I have done a port scan from lan, and only port 80 and 515 are open, not 23.
    Downgrade to 1.7.5.9-2, stock ASUS firmwares does not support telnet/ssh/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    do the following

assing a static IP to your pc: 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0
    power off wl500g
    press restore button HOLD THIS while powering on
    wait untill the power led is blinking, release the restore button

fire up your restoration tool
    NOW it should find your router, then upgrade to fw 1.8.1.3

after finished you router should be accessible again

if it's accessible RESTORE DEFAULTS by pressing the restore button while it's powered on, you'll notice after a few seconds that the power led will go out and on

congrats your router has been restored
    I still have the problem like the others mentioned in the previous posts after following the exact above steps . The restore ultility gave me the "ASUS SpaceLink Gateway in recovery mode" message. Is there any other reason that I can not get it done?

I assign a static ip to my computer, and power off and did a hard reset on the back of the wl-500g, but still no luck, the restore ultility wait for about the 30 seconds and then stuck withe above mesage...

Quote Originally Posted by jycai
    press restore button HOLD THIS while powering on
    wait untill the power led is blinking, release the restore button
    follow this step...I'm sure it will works!

Quote Originally Posted by emilyaoo
    follow this step...I'm sure it will works!
    Thank you for the advise! I finally got it work.In order to use the restore ultility, you have to make the route's power flashing - firmware upgrade failed. otherwise you will get the nagging "ASUS SpaceLink Gateway in recovery mode" message. To get the that point, the key is do what you and Antiloop said. But I did not understand and overlooked the meaning behide that at the time. After I read the menu on LED indicators again, now I got it and everything is fine. Hope this help the others that still having the same problem.

It's funny how this thread should be about the experiences with this beta version, but instead it's filled with people trying to get rid of it. Doesn't anyone think & read this forum before they act?

hi guys,

what about the stability from lan2ppoe and gateway2lan of the new firemware? with 1.7.9-cr2 and the others before, my connection to the gateway/dns is broken a lot of times(1 time a day). that means that i could connect to the router by typing the ip, but not by entering my.router. the result is that also internet sites can be entered by ip not by name! maybe it is the mtu value, or is that improbably?
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Quote Originally Posted by copycat
    It's funny how this thread should be about the experiences with this beta version, but instead it's filled with people trying to get rid of it. Doesn't anyone think & read this forum before they act?
    idd

i have to say it works smoothly.. and even faster (no i' haven't tested wireless performance etc..) bootup of the router is also much faster

but people think somehow this one has all oleg things in it.. like telnet and raw printing.. ssh etc.. but that's not..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

the only thing i need from oleqs firmware is raw printing, and a new feature QoS (wondershaper). maybe it is easyer to build up a new firmware (out of the 1.8.1.3) with modules in it(or maybe differnt versions with differnt features). so that everybody can save space to integrate the features that he wants!
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500

Quote Originally Posted by xlephant
    the only thing i need from oleqs firmware is raw printing, and a new feature QoS (wondershaper). maybe it is easyer to build up a new firmware (out of the 1.8.1.3) with modules in it(or maybe differnt versions with differnt features). so that everybody can save space to integrate the features that he wants!
    well you could use OpenWRT for that..

but I don't know how the usb support is with OpenWRT..

also 1.8.x.x is totally different, we should need new GPL sources

ohh i didn't follow the whole discussion, i thought the source code is already avaiable.
    so i hope asus will release them asap.
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500

New Version ist running very good

The New Version ist running very good to me.

Only 2 Questions:
    How can i Update the Time from the Ausus Router ?

To set a new Administraor Name is now found under "System Setup"
    Is it anywhere else ?

(I,am Running Ausus WL500g in WPA/AES Mode with W2K Client as a Gatewayrouter to a W2K Server)

THX in front for Help.

Sky
    Last edited by sky11; 19-07-2004 at 17:55.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast