Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.8.1.3 (Qualification Test)

Quote Originally Posted by sky11
    The New Version ist running very good to me.

Only 2 Questions:
    How can i Update the Time from the Ausus Router ?

To set a new Administraor Name is now found under "System Setup"
    Is it anywhere else ?

(I,am Running Ausus WL500g in WPA/AES Mode with W2K Client as a Gatewayrouter to a W2K Server)

THX in front for Help.

Sky
    ? what's the problem then ?
    you say everything is right..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I Laughing later.

Its running good but not enough to these 2 Questions.
    Last edited by sky11; 19-07-2004 at 19:40.

Angry password isn't correct

user: empty (do not fill in anything)
    pass: admin

This is not working... Have you any other idea ?

you should login with admin/admin after setting the router to defaults ( YES this is needed in order to let the router function correctly)

the time is set correctly when the router is connected to a wan port

the administrator changer in 'system setup' is still a custom firmware feature (allthough asus states at the bottom of the router that you should change your username and password asap)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Angry

I testet this FW, and is dosent works for me no pppoe conection is possible
    PPPOE Relay dosent work on wan only on a normal port

I downgrade to 1.7.9.5

Cu Naruto

this firmware also seems to be capable of doing ETHERNET BRIDGE and CLIENT mode.. the tests i've been able to do did not reallly show satifactionary things

i'm able to associate to my wl300 but only as a sort of client, ethernet bridge worked few times now it doesn't reassociate anymore

Is there a full changelog available of the firmware ? Is there a general help document or faq available ?

I can understand that developing and testing is the most interesting and fun part of firmware releases, but after a few months away from this forum I have absolutely no idea what is added and how to use new functions.

Quote Originally Posted by joep
    Is there a full changelog available of the firmware ? Is there a general help document or faq available ?

I can understand that developing and testing is the most interesting and fun part of firmware releases, but after a few months away from this forum I have absolutely no idea what is added and how to use new functions.
    there are almost no new functions yet, asus seems to have decided (discovered) that their firmware was messed up at the inside so they begun to clean it up and fix minor things..

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    there are almost no new functions yet, asus seems to have decided (discovered) that their firmware was messed up at the inside so they begun to clean it up and fix minor things..
    Hmmz, this one is also a bit messed up.
    After changing the ip adress in ap mode the status still displays the default ip (192.168.1.1)
    Time is also a bit wrong, according to the router we are living in 1970, pretty modern thing internet
    Booting went much faster, but maybe there isn't the delay for the timeserver anymore.
    Tried client mode, but couldn't connect to my netgear wgt634u wich also doesn't work with the other firmwares i tried.
    If anyone thinks about buying one btw: DONT, just wait for the asus wl500gx.
    I f*cked up the netgear anyway ;( so i'll wait for the asus

Quote Originally Posted by signed
    If anyone thinks about buying one btw: DONT, just wait for the asus wl500gx.
    What makes you think the firmware of this new product will immediately be better then the one for WL500g?

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    What makes you think the firmware of this new product will immediately be better then the one for WL500g?
    It's a bit off topic, but i was talking about the Netgear.
    I don't expect that the wl500gx firmware is better than the (costumized) firmware of the wl500g, but i expect it to be better than the firmware of the Netgear.
    Recovery options on the Netgear for firmware recovery are not published in the manual, emailed support twice already no reaction so far.
    After a firmware update my webinterface does no longer exist, problem is that if i want to flash a new firmware this has to be done trough the webinterface.
    so, still waiting for support

Quote Originally Posted by signed
    It's a bit off topic, but i was talking about the Netgear.
    I don't expect that the wl500gx firmware is better than the (costumized) firmware of the wl500g, but i expect it to be better than the firmware of the Netgear.
    Recovery options on the Netgear for firmware recovery are not published in the manual, emailed support twice already no reaction so far.
    After a firmware update my webinterface does no longer exist, problem is that if i want to flash a new firmware this has to be done trough the webinterface.
    so, still waiting for support
    i have also an address for you if you want to get rid of the netgear
    would be a nice donation though

Nasty problems with 11Mbps clients

I've flashed this new firmware to both my Wl300g and WL500g. Everything looks quite in order. But I've noticed that all of my 11Mbps clients can't connect anymore. 54Mbps clients don't have any problems. I use ASUS WL-140 USB and SENAO 2511+ PCCards. Both of them can't connect. If I flash the firmware back to 1.7.x or 1.6.x they can connect without any problem. So I thought the problem must be in the firmware. But I was wrong. After carefull investigation it looks like a problem on the Windows client site. If I use a brand new PC (a.k.a. clean install). The adapters CAN connect to the new 1..8.x release. So I de-installed the software/drivers for the Wireless cards/adapters on the Windows machines. Stripped all references form the registry and voila, they worked again. Some how Windows or the Asus/Senao driver don't like AP's beeing upgraded without total reconfiguration of the client side.

I was quite suprissed but it is all working again.

Now I;ve the problem that I can't get my Logitech QuickCam to work. But that is another conquest.

Niels

Quote Originally Posted by niels
    I've flashed this new firmware to both my Wl300g and WL500g. Everything looks quite in order. But I've noticed that all of my 11Mbps clients can't connect anymore. 54Mbps clients don't have any problems. I use ASUS WL-140 USB and SENAO 2511+ PCCards. Both of them can't connect. If I flash the firmware back to 1.7.x or 1.6.x they can connect without any problem. So I thought the problem must be in the firmware. But I was wrong. After carefull investigation it looks like a problem on the Windows client site. If I use a brand new PC (a.k.a. clean install). The adapters CAN connect to the new 1..8.x release. So I de-installed the software/drivers for the Wireless cards/adapters on the Windows machines. Stripped all references form the registry and voila, they worked again. Some how Windows or the Asus/Senao driver don't like AP's beeing upgraded without total reconfiguration of the client side.

I was quite suprissed but it is all working again.

Now I;ve the problem that I can't get my Logitech QuickCam to work. But that is another conquest.

Niels
    did you anyway reset your router to defaults first? if not you will keep having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    i have also an address for you if you want to get rid of the netgear
    would be a nice donation though
    I fixed it again and it is running smooth, but i'll keep you in mind when the wl500gx is comming out of it's deep cave
    And i'm still waiting for netgear support to react.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast