Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WL-500gP & WDS

Exclamation WDS wl-500g and router/AP surecom

Hello,

I buy asus wl-500g and I want put wl-500g in client and repeter.

I put in AP mode, select hybrid, put same ssid and channel in both.
    Also put mac address of router/ap surecom.

but in PC5 and laptop can´t ping 192.168.1.3/4

What I have wrong?

Thanks
    Daniel

perhaps firewalling?

can you access the internet etc..?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thanks for your reply.

I can access internet in PC1 and PC2

Laptop and PC3 have no access the internet or can´t make ping 192.168.1.3

No firewalling.

How can I know if hybrid is working?

Bridge (or WDS) between different Asus models

Hi there, does anyone know if it's possible to create a bridge between different Asus Acces Point models?
    I'm willing to create a bridge between a WL-300G and a WL-500G.
    I'm also interested in a bridge between a WL-520G and a WL-300G.
    Who knows if this is possible, please let me know. Thanks very much!

WDS between ASUS 500g Deluxe and MSI GATEWAY 54Mbps

Hi everybody!

I have 2 APs ASUS 500gx & MSI RG54GS2, both support WDS, but when I set up them to the WDS bridge, they don´t work
    I really don´t know, where is a problem, I think both APs have the right setting for WDS..

1. Asus WL500g Deluxe
    SSID: ANY2
    CH: 5
    Hybrid mode
    In remote bridge list MAC of the MSI (I ensure many times that it si correct one)
    Operation mode: Home gateway (I tried the router, and AP too without difference)
    No MAC control, or encryption security enabled..

2. MSI RG54GS2

Gateway mode only
    In WDS list MAC of the ASUS WL500g Deluxe
    No MAC control, or encryption security enabled..

Situation on my LAN should looks so:

MSI RG54GS2----[wlan]-------Asus WL500g Deluxe--------[wlan]----MSI RG54GS2

Before I bought Asus WL500g Deluxe, my LAN worked properly (2 APs MSI RG54GS2 in WDS bridge)
    I have tried 3. versions of FW for asus (WL500gx-1.9.2.7-7b, WL500gx_1950, WL500gx-1.9.2.7-7d.trx) no one works..

In the status log of the MSI gateway is: "Disassociated: 00-15-F2-6A-E0-9E because RX deauth req".. 00-15-F2-6A-E0-9E is MAC of the ASUS, so that means, they see each other, but MSI won´t associated ASUS.. Maybe bad net topology?

Thanks for all suggestions, I am a newbie in that..

Quote Originally Posted by ysko
    1. Asus WL500g Deluxe

2. MSI RG54GS2

Maybe bad net topology?
    Hi,
    try to rename the asus device.
    i allways had diffenrent names for all WDS devices.
    WL-500gP => 1.9.2.7-7g (2007-04-06)
    Running: thttpd, php 5.1, vsftp, rrdtool

http://onlinefussballmanager.de/userbar/0/53647.png

Hi Britnet,

Thanks for your suggestion,

You mean change the SSID? I tried to change many options on my asus device, include different SSID & LAN IP address without result Always the same answer of the MSI Gateway system log : "Disassociated: 00-15-F2-6A-E0-9E because RX deauth req"

It is possible, that these two devices are incompatible? But I don´t think so..

WL-500gP & WDS

Hi all, got some noob questions!!

I've tried without success (over abour 6 hours, including about 2 hours trawling this forum) to extend my already present WLAN based around a KCORP 575 Gold to my new WL-500gP, having similar problems to others where it seems the ports are not all in the same bridge as the "Operation Mode" option claims! They are both in the same subnet, same SSID, etc but from the PC connected to the KCORP I can't ping a device on the ASUS, or ping the ASUS itself.

My question is, if I replaced the KCORP wirless router with a 2nd 500gP, would that make things a lot easier and stop me pulling my hair out?!

I know a diagram always helps, so here's what I have at the moment and what I think might be easier with a 2nd ASUS!!

If anyone has any ideas on whether this is a potentially good plan, or any other ideas, I'd most appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
    Jamoi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It might be a stupid proposal, since I don't know your physical setup (i.e. what distances you want to cover):

Why don't you just connect the HD to the wl500gP and get rid of the KCORP device?

Hi elaerion,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that bit! The whole point of this is that my ethernet modem and 2nd access point are on different floors, an I don't want to drag wires from the ground to the 1st floor!

Cheers, J

Hi,

afaik wl-500g premium can only act as a access point and can not be used to extend current wlan. So it will not help if you buy a new 500gp access point.

please, correct me if Im wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by kvi View Post
    Hi,

afaik wl-500g premium can only act as a access point and can not be used to extend current wlan. So it will not help if you buy a new 500gp access point.

please, correct me if Im wrong..

I fully agree, from my experience the only which will work properly is an specific "range extender". Popular models are from US-Robotics, Zysel or D-Link - I only have experience with US-Robotics, it works with the wl500gp router.

Oh ok. I should point out that the USB HDD is actually my HDD-based PVR, and my PVR and TV are on a floor above my ADSL point. Is there anyway to wirelessy link them up like the diagram above using the WL-500gP? Including any methods that may requier extra kit?!?

Cheers, J

If I understand it correctly, your DSL Modem and your PVR are fixed. So the only variable elements would be the KCORP device and the wl500gP.

From what I can see, the only way to link them up wirelessly, is to use a wireless accesspoint that works as a bridge.

I haven't tried that out yet myself, but afaik this is the only way to do it, without dragging cables.

You could use the ASUS wl330 just as an example.

HTH,

e.

have you tried WDS at all?

and how.. be more specific so people can eventual help you

no info means no help

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast