Thread: Bandwidth Management confusing controls

Bandwidth Management confusing controls

How do I use this to stop a flatmate hogging all the bandwidth with p2p traffic?

Code:
    Download Policy List:
    IP Address 	Port 	Max.(kbps) 	Min.(kbps)
    What really confuses me is the min kbps option. How can you possibly make it go faster?

Alternatively, how do I give an IP or http traffic priority?

Is http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...ight=bandwidth still current? Do I still need to create /usr/local/init/functions ? Or has the firmware changed? Looking through the changelogs I think it looks the same...
    Last edited by jago25_98; 17-08-2006 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by jago25_98 View Post
    How do I use this to stop a flatmate hogging all the bandwidth with p2p traffic?

Code:
    Download Policy List:
    IP Address 	Port 	Max.(kbps) 	Min.(kbps)
    What really confuses me is the min kbps option. How can you possibly make it go faster?
    Dunno, I never used the webinterface.

Alternatively, how do I give an IP or http traffic priority?
    I've allways used the WonderShaper script because it gives you way more control then the webinterface

Is http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...ight=bandwidth still current? Do I still need to create /usr/local/init/functions ? Or has the firmware changed? Looking through the changelogs I think it looks the same...
    Yes, that thread is still current. The thing with the /init/functions is not correct (as stated in that topic). You need to take a look at the post-firewall script.

If you have further questions about WonderShaper perhaps you should ask them in the WonderShaper topic (to concentrate all user experiences and information).

i am useing Oleg 1.9.2.7-4 and want to controll someone that is useing my connection he is useing P2P but refueses to limit his upload speed i am willing to reflash my firmware.

my connection is 80000bps/128bps cable and every time i look at his system he is useing allmost all of my 16KB upload bandwith

i am a BIG online game player (EQ2) and i know every time he starts his P2P crap as i lag out and at times even get disconnected.

all i want to be able to do is set an upload bandwith in KB to set LAN IP's

is there any thing like that around?
    Last edited by Adverse; 21-08-2006 at 00:07.

The best I did in the end was login by telnet and

Code:
    wshaper start "eth1" DOWNSTREAM_kbps UPSTREAM_kbps

ok well i have managed to get the 32Mb USB Stick to be seen dy the ftp server in the router scince i posted yesterday

i am no sort of programer at all and have allmost never touched linux and have only just managed to telnet in to the router and het a LS -L /dev/ by looking at other ppls commands they use else where on this site

i have DLed wondershaper-1.1a but that is as far as i know what to do

i dont even know how to put the files on to the stick or even where and then how do i make it start when i reboot the router

the main thing i want to do is limit 1 of the IP's on the network to 2KB up and that is all

Wondershaper etc, it's all included with the latest oleg firmware, so you just open a windows command prompt and `telnet 192.168.1.1` login:admin & password, then wshaper...

the oleg firmware is on his ftp and i found that link in this forum

the oleg firmware is on his ftp and i found that link in this forum
    The fact that he's able to use telnet suggests that he's allready using Oleg's firmware

Well, consider it a reference for the guy who does a search on google and finds this thread, because it's certainly very confusing with all the different firmwares, and it gives the impression that you have to use a USB stick to get things working

... and it gives the impression that you have to use a USB stick to get things working
    Funny thing is: You don't.