Thread: possibility of using ts2 on that box?

possibility of using ts2 on that box?

Hi,

I was just sufring through the www trying to find something that can replace my power consuming suse linux server at home. Then I stumbled upon the WL-700ge. I tried to find out how powerful the processor in this box is but found nothing helpful.

I want to make it my new server at home. I read already that its possible to change the hdd with a bigger one. The only thing left that I need to know is, if its possible to use this box as a teamspeak2 server? Does anyone know that or used this box for more than sharing files?

MfG

Due to it's possible to compile your own firmware you could get almost every app running which you can build out of its sources for MIPS architecture.

So generally yes it has much potential but unfortunately teamspeak is closed source and the developers hesitate to compile it for MIPS.
    So its one of the few apps you won't see so soon on that kind of embedded devices.

hmm, seems a bit of a shame there. what about ventrillo though, maybe that could work??