Thread: WAN-LAN throughput speed WL-700gE

Question WAN-LAN throughput speed WL-700gE

Does anyone know what the WAN-LAN and/or LAN-WAN throughput speed is of the WL-700gE with the Firewall enabled?
    I'm looking for firewall-router with a fast throughput speed. I normally check Tomsnetworking site for this information but unfortunately nothing can be found.
    The possibilities of the WL-700gE are amazing and the router is certainly an option if the speed is high enough. If not the SL500 or SL1000 could be an option.

Thanks in advance,

Gert-Jan

Basic informations

Hi,

With my limit networking knowledge and terminology. I can add this much.

I recently got a 60 mbit internet connection and was very excited until I discovered that my old belkin router could only "route" a small amount of that speed. I could download and upload with cable thru my ethernet port 7.5 mb/sec and only 1.5 mb/sek thru the belkin router - both ethernet and wireless.

With the WL700gE I now can download with 6.4 mb/sek thru ethernet and 2.5 mb/sek thru wireless. My wlan adapter in my laptop might cause this difference.

At least now I can more or less fully exploit my good internetconnection.

Hopes this answers at least part of your question.

Peter

Throughput speed

Hi ClaudeX,

Are you speaking about 6.4 Mbit/s (or Mbyte/s)?

The "problem" is that I'm able to down- and upload at 25 Mbit/s (I see >> 2 Mbyte/sec when downloading torrents), so I would expect some problems with the WL-700gE.
    The question is... is your router still restricting your WAN-LAN connection?

Regards

Gert-Jan

Hi,

My connection is 60 mbit/sek officially equalling approximately the 7.0-7.5 mbyte/sek up- and download speed I observe a when I plug my ethernet directly (without a router). Previously my Belkin router reduced my speed to 1.5 mbyte/sek with LAN and WLAN.
    With WL700gE I experience 6.0-6.5 mbyte/sek with ethernet/lan and 2.5 mbyte/sek with wireless/wlan.
    So yes, the asus wl700ge limits my connection when I go wireless, but at least still better than my old router. At least now I have the option to go wired.
    I am no expert, so I don't know if any settings in wl700ge could improve esp. the wlan speed.

Peter

I am very satisfied with the WAN - LAN throughput. Its much faster than my previous router and basically there is no difference on link speed with or without using Asus router, or max 10-15% overhead. I am using 100mbit WAN connection.