Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTP not working

FTP issues...

Hi,

I now can also access my ftp-server from www.net2ftp.com if I don't use any of the modes listed (guess that's adtive mode then?). I then have to turn off my firewall on wl700ge.

I cannot access my ftp from IE 6.0 from my own pc or from or from another pc outside my network.

If I have the firewall turned on I get an error message that I must secure that I have access to the files etc. When I turn off the firewall function I get an error message like this (translated):

An error has occured by opening the folder on the FTP-server. Make sure you have permission to open this folder.
    Details:
    200 Switching to ASCII mode.
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,1,199,62)
    425 Bad IP connecting

Each time I try I get different nummers for the last two sets 192,168,1,1,xxx,xxx. I am not familiar with this way of IP-adresses - or is this my local ip 192.168.1.1 and then some ports?

If someone has a clue about my problem, please let me know.

I can't find any settings for PASV mode. Are they not necessary to make the ftp-server on wl700ge work?

Regards,

Peter

I cannot access the ftp fromoutside

Hi,

I don't know how to solve the ftp problem of wl700ge.
    Important to know:
    Since i had/have problems connecting my modem to the router using the WAN-Interface (my ISP works with PPPoA-VC, which is obviously not supported by the WL700ge), I connected the modem to a LAN port. Internet and everyting works fine.
    Modem:
    - I forwarded port 21 in the modem to the router
    WL700ge
    - I created a shared directory
    - I selected "User Based Share Access(UBSA)"
    - I created a user
    - I created a dyndns account and set it up successfully
    - I disabled the firewall
    - I can access the ftp using the internal ip ftp://192.168.1.1
    - For some reason I cannot access it from outside, I wont even get a logon

Does any one have an idea what else I could possibly try?

Thanks already
    antoschka

Hi,
    I hope it will help you.
    I succeeded to make working my ftp with this following configuration.
    I desactivate the modem firewall and configured my account dyndns with the modem interface (it didn't work with the router interface which returned a local address that don't works from outside )
    Now i can access it from outside with a ftp software. With internet explorer i get the logon but it don't accept it there is a probleme with the passive mode (PASV)...
    Goog luke
    Jerome

What's so strange about ...

this, is the fact that I used another ftp-Server before which passed the modem without problems.
    concerning the dyndns I also tried it with the ip address. So this cannot be the problem.
    The modem however does not have an firewall so there is nothing to switch off.

trying to access my ip with traceroute ends with the IP address of my ISP. Is that alright.

If you have any other hints, I surely appreciate them.

Thanks in advance

antoschka

Have you already tryed with http://www.net2ftp.com/ ?
    Does it work with it ?
    Witch error message it give if it's not work ?

Strange behaviour

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Using http://www.net2ftp.com/ does not return anything.
    I found out, that if I do not forward port 21 in my modem it will ask me at least for my login, before it will give me error 530 login incorrect. Forwarding the port there will not even be a login window and it will give me a screen that it cannot reach the page.

No idea what's reason for this behaviour. Looks like as it cannot access the ftp-server of the wl700ge from outside.

Any other idea?

antoschka

Some news

Hi,

I finally got the modem hooked up through my WAN interface. Anyway the ftp problem persists. Maybe it wont come through the modem for some reason.

Do you have any more ideas

antoschka

Solved the problem - partly

Hi folks,

alright I got a grip on the ftp and it works. What was the problem
    Situation:
    - Modem (192.168.1.254) with port forwarding of 21 to IP 192.168.1.1 connected through the LAN-port (!) with the router (192.168.1.1)
    - obviously the wl700gE doesnt allow accessing the FTP through a modem connected to the LAN-port

Solution:
    - got the modem connected to the WAN-port setting the "WAN Connection Type:" to automatic
    - the router received an IP-Adress (192.168.1.249) from the DHCP-Server of my modem - now the router has obiously two addresses: 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.249; using the first one I can access configuration-web-interface and the ftp; using the second one will allow me only to access the ftp
    - now I forwarded port 21 not to 192.168.1.1 but to 192.168.1.249

Thats it. Two problems remain:
    1. I cannot access my modem, if it is connected through my WAN port to wl700gE
    2. I'm not certain whether the routers IP (192.168.1.249) remains as it is. If not so i would have to adapt the the forwarding roules in my modem.

May somebody knows how to deal with that

Thanks

antoschka

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12