Thread: Restore frimware without success

Restore frimware without success

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my friends WL 500g from the original fw to Oleg's. It went something wrong (athough I did it several times on my own wl500g). The power led started to blink slowly.
    Tried to recover it with the tool from ASUS page. Used the wl500g-recover.trx. It seed to upload it correctly. But nithing changed, I sill could no use the router. Then I did the same with wl500g-clear-nvram.trx, still no success (went to 100% but that didnt fixed it). Then I tried wl500g-recover.trx again, without success.

If this would not bad enough: I boot the router with the pressed reset button, the power starts to bling slowly. I start the recovery tool, select the fw, but as I click upload and the utility starts to search for the router, the power led stops flashing, and the recovery tool didnt find any device.

What could be the problem? Can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Update:

The good news is, its ok now!
    My first faliure was that I downloaded 1382 recovery tool from Asus, and didnt notice, that is for deluxe edition only!

This was very usefull: http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=10155&postcount=11

I would like to include my own experience. The mentioned how-to is good.
    The recovery tool always said: "Upload fails! Please check the connection", even if I tried to upload an old original asus fw.

After such a message (tring to upload an old orig. fw, and after the error msg.) I uploaded that old, original fw via tftp. Strange that it didnt work for me under XPSP2, I had to use W2K. Anyway, it worked!

Another important thing, that after you upload any fw via tftp, the pwr led starts to flash again, and do NOT reboot the router until it is blinking! Wait 80sec, as the how-to says.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Csali; 21-07-2006 at 21:21.

Help

anyone have 1382 recovery tool from Asus ?

please help

Quote Originally Posted by Csali View Post
    Hi,

I tried to upgrade my friends WL 500g from the original fw to Oleg's. It went something wrong (athough I did it several times on my own wl500g). The power led started to blink slowly.
    Tried to recover it with the tool from ASUS page. Used the wl500g-recover.trx. It seed to upload it correctly. But nithing changed, I sill could no use the router. Then I did the same with wl500g-clear-nvram.trx, still no success (went to 100% but that didnt fixed it). Then I tried wl500g-recover.trx again, without success.

If this would not bad enough: I boot the router with the pressed reset button, the power starts to bling slowly. I start the recovery tool, select the fw, but as I click upload and the utility starts to search for the router, the power led stops flashing, and the recovery tool didnt find any device.

What could be the problem? Can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Update:

The good news is, its ok now!
    My first faliure was that I downloaded 1382 recovery tool from Asus, and didnt notice, that is for deluxe edition only!

This was very usefull: http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=10155&postcount=11

I would like to include my own experience. The mentioned how-to is good.
    The recovery tool always said: "Upload fails! Please check the connection", even if I tried to upload an old original asus fw.

After such a message (tring to upload an old orig. fw, and after the error msg.) I uploaded that old, original fw via tftp. Strange that it didnt work for me under XPSP2, I had to use W2K. Anyway, it worked!

Another important thing, that after you upload any fw via tftp, the pwr led starts to flash again, and do NOT reboot the router until it is blinking! Wait 80sec, as the how-to says.
    Good luck!