I just bought my ASUS WL700gE. Plugged it in, and ran the installations. Router got up and running, everything worked fine. I then checked ASUS's site for firmware updates, and found out that a 1.0.4.2 patch was available (my installed vers. was 1.0.4.1). The updater warns me not to hit "back" in the browser during installation. I touch nothing and after 2-3 min. my connection to the router is gone (no network can be detected). I thought it was due to the update of the software and that I would be back on in a few seconds like when I made changes in the router settings on the router homepage. Nothing happens for the next 5 min. I check the router and it has no lights except in the "Ready".

I try to restart my computer and turn off the router (power cord) and turn both on again restarting. Nothing happens, I cannot connect to the router. I have tried reseting while turning on the router and EZsetup while turning on the router. Nothing works.

If I try to ping the router (168.192.1.1) I get the message that the request was timed out. I have tried to ping the router with auto ip-configuration for my network adapter and I have tried to ping the router with a static ip like 168.192.1.10, sub network 255.255.255.0 and Gateway 168.192.1.1. None of this works.

I have deactivated every card but on for network cabel and tried to upload the firmware (1.0.4.2). Nothing happens.

The router blinks in “Ready” for every 1-2 seconds (1 sec. light – 1 sec. off). I have no other lights turned on on the router. If I pull out the power cord for 20 sec. and press EZsetup the light in “Ready” goes out. If I then press the reset button it turns on again and starts blinking like above.

I am desperate for suggestions on what I might have overlooked. I doesn’t seem like I can “destroy” the router by my actions, otherwise I might have to send the router back to the shop and try another one. I am just afraid that this won’t solve the matter.

Please help.

Kind regards,

Peter