Thread: media player plugin?

Question media player plugin?

I got myself an el-cheapo usb sound adapter thingie, and now I want to try it out on the router. But I just can't find the Asus' Windows Media Player plugin you guys have been talking about. I've been all over Asus' pages but all I've found is irritation over connection errors and slow servers. :|

Question: Where do I find the media player plugin that I need to get the desktop machine to stream niceish musicstuff?

Question: What firmware version do I need to make the audio streaming work? I'm currently using Oleg's splendid 1.9.2.7-5a, I hope I do not need to install Asus firmware to make prettiful sound.

I thought I'd try the Asus plugin before I started on something more advanced using the threads here for guides. I will not ask now about how to set up another streaming mechanism because I know there is info about it here to be found. It baffles me that I'm unable to find info about something as official as an Asus plugin. All I've found on google is posts from this forum that I've already read, and all I've found on Asus' site are promises that it's easy, you only need to install the plugin. :| Did they remove it or something?

.tommyb
    Last edited by tommyb; 08-06-2005 at 23:11.

You need to download firmware1927.zip from their site, it contains plugin and docs. You do not need to flash ASUS firmware, as this feature is in the custom firmware also.

Thank you, I did not realize that it would be packaged with the firmware.

.tommyb

its called "asus speaker express".

Could you tell me where can I find the ZIP file for the version 1.9.2.7 of the firmware containing the Asus Speaker Express file?
    I used to be able to find it, but no luck today. I found the sources for 1.9.2.7 but no ASpEx there...

Thanks,
    George

asus speaker express - can some one publish

Hi,

Its very difficult for me to download the huge source to get the "asus speaker express" plugin.

I could not find it any where in the web.

Can some one give a link where it is available or atleast publish it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!

7. still interrested? I got the file downloadet....