Thread: OLEG Firmware??

OLEG Firmware??

Hi

When come the oleg firmware for wl-700gE?
    Or how can i install telnet or ssh... because the standard firmware from asus donīt have that.

As one can unpack and again pack together the firmware? <<google translate...

cu
    DigiTalik

Yes! A SSHD daemon would definitly be a good step in the right direction. I am currently running into multple bugs (routing problems and nfs problems) that can probably be easily solved if I had shell access!

Oleg doesn't have a WL700gE currently so don't expect a wl700gE compatible firmware very soon

the GPL for compiling this firmware has been released since a week or 2.. it takes time before people have explored it a bit

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

To Oleg

Oleg,

Do you intend to invest in a wl700ge or are you going to choose the wl500g Premium?

Thanks,
    LK.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperKing
    Oleg,

Do you intend to invest in a wl700ge or are you going to choose the wl500g Premium?

Thanks,
    LK.
    I've wl500g premium already. The biggest problem is that I've no time to play with all this stuff. ASUS firmware sources are different for both wl700ge, wl500gp, wl500g family. So, it's hard to maintain all these stuff together. At the moment my wl500gp firmware is based on the wl500g family firmware, so it does not have download machine, etc. I'm not interested in adding these new features at the moment.

So, consider using OpenWRT instead.

I could make a release firmware with telnet daemon whitch could be enabled/disabled by web interface.

For me, it comes down to which device has more potential to have the best performance for samba, routing and anything else that you want to throw at
    it!

The reason I'm leaning towards the 700g is because samba doesn't have to go through the usb 'layer'.

Oleg,

Did you pick the 500g Premium because it was similar to the previous line of asus routers or do you think that it has the best performing hardware available at the moment from Asus?

Mod,

Telnet access would be great. A newbie question -> does telnet access open up the 700ge to limitless possibilites like olegs firmware provides? Or does more work need to be done on the firmware?

Openwt is the other option, but it's not for the faint hearted And they havn't officially supported it yet. As far as I know.

Thanks,
    LK

Quote Originally Posted by LeperKing
    Did you pick the 500g Premium because it was similar to the previous line of asus routers or do you think that it has the best performing hardware available at the moment from Asus?
    wl500gp was donated to me and it's really fast as router (same as wl700ge I think). Also, it has 8MB of built-in flash, so, it's possible to use wl500g family firmware with minimal changes (vs 2 MB in the wl700g).

A firmware with Telnet (or even better SSHD) and compilers (gcc and so on) would definitly make me happy.. I don't realy care about the download machine and stuff... (and I can compile one myself )

I want the HD for backup purposes, that's why I bought the 700g