Thread: Router does not reconnect - Solution?

Question Router does not reconnect - Solution?

Hi, I`m new here, I`ve just bought my wl500g, and using Oleg`s latest FW. /Thaks btw./

I have ADSL with dynamic ip, and my ISP disconnects every 24h. And that is a problem, because the router doesnt tries to reconnect automaticaly, so I cant reach it from WAN.

Can someone give me a hand, how to solve or work around the problem?
    What should I change in the FW /step by step/ ?

Thanks in advance!

Am I alone with this problem?

Is it even supported by the wl500g or not?

Did I missed to set up something?

you should write a script that does reconnect every 24hour

i believe you can use something with the commands SLEEP 86400

refer to this thread
    https://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=439

please supply next time firmware number.. firmwares are released quickly sometimes so we can't know which one you are using.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thanks for the link, but I dont think it will help me. My ISP disconnects after some hour of using the internet, 2 or 3 times a day, in different times.

The solution for me would that IF the router notices that pppoe is disconected, it tries to reconnect.

So I would need a script that watches the state of the pppoe connection and if its disconnected, it reconnects.

Could you help me with this?

Its strange that it is not implemented in the official fw., other dsl routers have this default. /Why implement ftp, webcam, ddns, ... if on a disconnection you cant use any of them, beacause it does not reconnect????/

ps.: FW version : Oleg's 1.7.5.9-2 (2004-06-19)

well i'm not familair with any other WAN connection as DHCP as my provider just gives me DHCP and if you are not registered you get a screen to register with the provider when you try to access the internet.

probably you can build a script (if it doesn't exist already) which checks the status of your PPPoE connection, and reconnects when dropped

but i'm not familair with it so i don't know how it works

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO