Thread: UPNP AV (Mediaserver) supports Noxon Audio?

UPNP AV (Mediaserver) supports Noxon Audio?

I see in the manual that the WL-500gp support playing mp3 music files on the XBox360, would this mean that a UPNP AV Mediaserver is built in and I could connect the NOXON Audio to play mp3 files from the USB stick at the WL-500gp?

by the way has anyone see the new Noxon iRadio in real life?

I got now my WL-500gP, first impression: it looks nice

On the box is marked with "Upnp AV Server", so it should work - I will test later. The Wireless Power is ok (exact the same as my old WL-HDD), but as usual is weaker than my very old Netgear Router, the Netgear is always 10% stronger in Signal.

Curious on how things work out. I'm interested in joining my 500gPremium with a SlimDevices Squeezebox. Let us know how it works with your Noxon.

I got answer from ASUS Support

I the meantime I got an answer from Asus:

Well first i am sorry for my delayed reply. As for you problem, please have a look at the guidebook. In the"IP Config"-"Miscellaneous", then you can see the"Enable PuNp". And you wanna connect a Noxon Audio from terratec with the router. I guess you can have a test like you are setting the Xbox360 on the guidebook from Page 31 to Page 33
    hmmm...looks like it should or could work ?

I'm still waiting for availability of the new Terratec Noxon iRadio

I think chances are better when flashed with Oleg firmware. There are multiple ipk packages availabe with media stream capabilities. I flashed it last weekend, next step buying a SoundBridge or Squeezebox...