Thread: Two WL-300g in bridge mode, one with original FW

Question Two WL-300g in bridge mode, one with original FW

Hi guys!

As this is my first post, big hi to all of you!

My question is as follows: together with a friend, we are sharing internet connection -- his ADSL modem is connected to his WL-300g, which in turn is bridged with my WL-300g (the distance is too great for me to use his access point). This was working for some time, but recently I have problems with quality of the link - it seems that he had to move his AP somewhere else and right now the quality of the signal is very, say, 'choppy'. Now, I become interested in Oleg FW because from what you guys write here, it is possible to boost up the signal if WL-300g. This would be perfect (provided that it works as I think it would; anybody has any experience?) but the problem is that my friend wouldn't put Oleg FW on his AP...

So, the question is: will bridging work between original FW and Oleg FW?

Also, second question is: if signal boosting is not an option, what ext antenna would you recommend for WL-300g?

Thanks, greetings from the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by coquelicot
    Hi guys!

As this is my first post, big hi to all of you!

My question is as follows: together with a friend, we are sharing internet connection -- his ADSL modem is connected to his WL-300g, which in turn is bridged with my WL-300g (the distance is too great for me to use his access point). This was working for some time, but recently I have problems with quality of the link - it seems that he had to move his AP somewhere else and right now the quality of the signal is very, say, 'choppy'. Now, I become interested in Oleg FW because from what you guys write here, it is possible to boost up the signal if WL-300g. This would be perfect (provided that it works as I think it would; anybody has any experience?) but the problem is that my friend wouldn't put Oleg FW on his AP...

So, the question is: will bridging work between original FW and Oleg FW?

Also, second question is: if signal boosting is not an option, what ext antenna would you recommend for WL-300g?

Thanks, greetings from the Netherlands
    you could just try it, also firmware 1.9.3.6 should have the 'signal boost' in it's menu

and no you don't need it at both sides

find download here: http://website.wl500g.info/beta/wiza...=firmware&id=7

the antenna you need depends on the distance ofcourse, furthermore currently I can't recommend one (but stay away from hawking antenna's)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Talking Wds

WDS is no problem between olegs fw and the original fw