Thread: Debugger ?

Debugger ?

Hi,

I've compiled MLDonkey (with ocaml !) and gphoto2 using uClibc++. Both programs, unfortunately, fail. The first fails probably with an abort() somewhere and the second with a nice SEGFAULT. Is there a debugger somewhere ? At least to know in which function they are aborting, because both projects are rather large and it's difficult to put a printf("Hello from function " __FUNCTION__ ", in file " __FILE__ " at line %d\n", __LINE__); at the beginning of each function !

Good news: ocaml works, together with ocamlc and ocamlrun. It's not optimized though, because the assembly provided with ocaml is written for 64bit MIPS processors...

Proof:
    Code:
    % ocaml
            Objective Caml version 3.09.2

# let f=fun x -> x*x;;
    val f : int -> int = <fun>
    # f 25;;
    - : int = 625
    # f(-3);;
    - : int = 9
    #
    SurJector

So, does mldonkey work now?

As for debugger: perhaps debian packages would work in chrooted environment...

No MLDonkey does not work.

The situation is the following:
    • gphoto2: fails (SEGFAULT)
    • ocaml: works, as far as I can tell; most of the compilation of MLDonkey is done using ocaml, so it probably works somewhat... If anybody is interested in ocaml, I can even try to package it.
    • MLDonkey: fails (abort())
    SurJector

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    As for debugger: perhaps debian packages would work in chrooted environment...
    I'd probably be better served by compiling gdb myself... I'll give it a thought.
    SurJector

gdb compiled and running

If anybody is interested, I have a gdb running. It's not as useful as the x86 linux one, but it's working fine.
    SurJector

Where to get gdb and ocaml

Hi, SurJector I would personally be interested in gdb as well as the ocaml compiler that you got up and running. If you still have those packaged or have some tutorial on how to set them up I would appreciate it.