I got myself this WL-HDD, which seems to be just the thing I need - but I can't make it work on the WLAN side. This could be really simple to solve - I just havn't spotted the flaw in my setup.

My DSL is connected to a D-Link router (DI-604). This is connected to a couple of desktop PC's (wired) and also to my WL-HDD. My laptop has a WLAN adapter and I would very much like to connect my laptop to my wired network using this WLAN adapter and the WL-HDD, possibly also other WLAN devices. This must be possible! I only need the plain Internet access from the laptop - I don't need access to network drives or any workgroup.

I try using default settings, but can not make it work. On the laptop it is indicated that I have connected to the WL-HDD. I can also see on the WL-HDD (Status) that the laptop MAC has been seen. Uisng IPCONFIG on the laptop, I can see that no IP address is given to my laptop - it is only connected on layer 2

The WLAN adapter of my laptop works perfectly fine in any other setup while working or travelling. Only my own WL-HDD is causing these problems and I see this with other WLAN devices as well.

Just to summarize what I do on the WL-HDD, here are the settings I consider relevant:

Wireless

Interface

- Can I assume that the default settings will work (I know this will be a very inscure setup)?

Bridge

- I use the "AP only" mode - correct?

- Do I need to enter anything in the Remote Bridge list?

Access Control

- I only allow the MAC of my laptops WLAN adapter to connect - little safety while playing around...

Advanced

- Default settings used...

Client Mode

- Default settings used...
IP Config

LAN

I use "Get IP Automatically" to get IP address from my router.

DHCP Server

- Should the DHCP server in the WL-HDD be enabled or disabled?

There must be a fundamental bug in the way I try to do this, even though it seems very basic...