Thread: mac spoofing

mac spoofing

I am trying to connect a wl700gE to chello (the Netherlands) which is using dynamic IP based on MAC address. However when I fill in the alternative mac address, the wl700gE seems not to make a connection. If I connect the wl700gE to another router (a Dlink DI804HV) a can see in the DHCP client list that the wl700gE is not using the spoofed address but it own mac address. Is this a bug or am I overseeing things? (used firmware: 1.0.4.1).

MK

Quote Originally Posted by bramfm
    I am trying to connect a wl700gE to chello (the Netherlands) which is using dynamic IP based on MAC address. However when I fill in the alternative mac address, the wl700gE seems not to make a connection. If I connect the wl700gE to another router (a Dlink DI804HV) a can see in the DHCP client list that the wl700gE is not using the spoofed address but it own mac address. Is this a bug or am I overseeing things? (used firmware: 1.0.4.1).

MK
    OK solved my problem by using UPC provisioning, however I still feel this is a bug.
    Bug number 2: zoneedit update does not work.

BTW Are the Asus guys reading this forum?

I am trying to connect a wl700gE to chello (the Netherlands) which is using dynamic IP based on MAC address. However when I fill in the alternative mac address, the wl700gE seems not to make a connection. If I connect the wl700gE to another router (a Dlink DI804HV) a can see in the DHCP client list that the wl700gE is not using the spoofed address but it own mac address.
    The WL-500g series had the same problem some time ago. Maybe they reused outdated code? ;-)

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=2084

@bramfm

BTW Are the Asus guys reading this forum?
    I hope so :-)

cu

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by MMCM
    The WL-500g series had the same problem some time ago. Maybe they reused outdated code? ;-)

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=2084

It s very important to notify ASUS about this problems.
    Send mails to the technical support, you can do this by resgistering in ASUS site as an ASUS Member.