Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webcam & garbage Problem

Webcam?

Can this support a web cam?

what kind of product is 'this' ?

be clear in what you ask..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

WL-HDD 2.5....

Or do you mean the webcam? I haven't currently made my mind up on that score because I've had trouble with creative webcams and linux. I was thinking a USB Quickcam.

Quote Originally Posted by fallscrape
    WL-HDD 2.5....

Or do you mean the webcam? I haven't currently made my mind up on that score because I've had trouble with creative webcams and linux. I was thinking a USB Quickcam.
    WL-HDD is ABLE to support webcam, but does not do this with official firmware, neither with firmware from Jockey

Custom Firmwares from Oleg for the WL-HDD do support webcam, list of supported cams/bugs etc is the same as WL500g has

but this is not recommended because of high cpu initialization, which will make you WL-HDD slower than it already is

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Version of Webcam module OV51x

Hi everybody,

I've a webcam Creative 'Webcam Go' that works good under linux mandrake with a version of the module ov511 v2.28, i use this one because the older didn't recognize my webcam model.
    I've a WLHDD and i try to connect my webcam but in dmesg i've this message:
    "usb.c: registered new driver ov51x
    ov51x.c: v1.65-1.10-mark : ov51x USB Camera Driver
    hub.c: new USB device 00:04.0-1, assigned address 2
    usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x1046/0x9967) is not claimed by any active driver.

Is there someone who compile the last version of the module.
    In the web page admin of the WL-HDD i notice that the version of ov511 is 2.10 but the module version in the kernel gateway is 1.65. Is it a mistake or a problem with the translation of the page from the WL500 series ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Pierre-André,
    France

Asus WL-HDD, v 1.9.2.7-5a.
    Last edited by shark29; 13-06-2005 at 23:27.

Is there a "how to" for getting a webcam to work on wl-hdd

I'd love to be able to set it up my wl-hdd with webcam attached in the babies room and monitor the baby from my pocket pc. However, I don't have any programming experience or familiarity with linux. I can handle flashing the customized ROM that supports webcams. Is it straightforward beyond this without additional knowledge of linux? Is there a tutorial somewhere that I may have missed on getting a webcam to work with the wl-hdd?

Thanks.

Security webcam email function

I've got a lovely webcam that works fine on the WL-HDD from ebay. Best 2.50GBP I've spent = )

Unfortunately the security alerts require some kind of mail server to send from. Unfortunately all my email servers are very much secure. Is it easy to setup an email server on the WLHDD? It has to be local otherwise I'll get an ISP problem = )

Unhappy Webcam & garbage Problem

hi

i've tried to connect my Terratec TerraCAM USB Pro (should work) ...

but the only thing i get is a garbage jpg

i searched all the topics ... but didn't find any solution ... i've tried some old FWs but i can't get it to work right ....

is there any solution for this or not?

FTp and webcam

I wanna know two things : wich cheap webcam should i buy that works perfectly with olegs new fw on wl-hdd ? How do i have to setuo the ftp ?
    Tahnks in Advantage , surfing

WL-HDD, latest Oleg and Qs about webcam and network/WLAN

Hello community!

Thanks for your great work, especially Oleg for building the firmwares!

I have two questions:

How Do I have to configure the WL-HDD that I can use the built in HDD over WLAN and over the network adapter and at the same time reach the via cable added network device (IP-Camera) from WLAN?
    (WL-HDD should be client to my FritzBoxFonWLAN. Or do I need to use WDS?)

Is it possible to use the latest pwc webcam drivers without building an own firmware? Or do I have to wait until Oleg offers a new firmware?
    http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/
    I need the 10.0.12-rc1 because I want to use my new philips SPC900NC/00 webcam and only the latest firmware supports this great cam.

Thank you for your answers.

Don't think it's possible. What model was the webcam?
    Perhaps you might have to setup a different email just for this?

Red face cant do wireless printing or webcam..

Hi! i have just stumbled on this forum a few days ago as I was having probs with my WL-HDD, and seeing as so much can be done in the way of modding them, I thought Id register so I could post!

Firstly, I have it setup perfect to my existing wireless network, ethernet to my Linksys wireless router, can access in WinXP with full R+W permissions, but I cannot print wirelessly if the printer is connected to the USB port on the WL-HDD or view the webcam, but its on the port cos i can copy stuff from various other USB storage devices I have.

My current firmware is original ASUS 1.2.3.9 and I'd be interested in seeing what advantages there are of using any custom firmware, such as power saving, faster data transfer speeds and maybe even printer and webcam support, I have read around here that some firmware includes Samba or something, forgive me for being thick here, but does that mean Id have to have Linux or something else installed instead of my Windows XP OS, as I dont know squat about any OS's that aint DOS, Windows or MAC OS's lol!

anyways, I hope to have some replies soon, as I have seen a few mods and they look real cool and I would be interested to know how far this modding the WL-HDD could go!

thanks!

why is there a blanked out line above?

Nobody gonna help me out then?

USB port

If I remember correctly, the USB port on the WL-HDD is for copying only, not for other devices.....

well that is very strange, as I have seen a few tutorials and a few people saying its possible, if I have seen it, and ive only been a member a few days, im sure u must have seen it...

Not even 60seconds work and I have found this post, just at random that says he CAN print from his WL-HDD, and another that says he cant get the webcam working...

This to me says that it you CAN use it as a wireless print server & webcam... dont u look around the forums or something????
    Last edited by wwe4lyfe; 22-06-2007 at 09:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast