Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BTget howto?

I don't know where to find wondershaper.. but thanx

Another question.. is it wise to open the used bittorrent ports in the firewall? Because it looks like my torrent download speed is very low...

For wshaper ---> http://wiki.wl500g.info/

Sure you need to open ports.

ok thank you..

so I forward the ports in webinterface -> virtual server. The ports that i set in my torrent.conf

am i right??

looks like that doesn't work.. can someone please tell me how i open these ports for torrent??

thank you

The simplest way is to open ports with "Virtual server" where LOCAL_IP is local IP of your router and port range which you specified in /opt/etc/torrent.conf

Optionally you can open with:
    Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp --syn --dport  56881:56889 -j ACCEPT
    You can enther this in /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall script where arguments are:
    Code:

Code:
    $1 = WAN interface
    $2 = WAN IP 
    $3 = LAN interface 
    $4 = LAN IP
    So the line should look like:

Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -i $1 -p tcp --syn --dport 56881:56889 -j ACCEPT iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $1 -p tcp --dport 56881 -j DNAT --to-destination $4:56881

Question

Helo everybody,

I was watching your conversation, because I needed to do the same thing and so I have everything installed and I think I still got my ports closed.
    I created a virtual server to my router for the torrent ports with these settings:
    Port range: 56881:56889 (as set in the torrent client)
    Local IP: 192.168.10.1 (my routers' internal ip)
    Local port: Empty
    Protocol: TCP
    Protocol No.: Empty
    Description: Bit Torrent (to be complete

I still get many packets dropped as this one from my log:
    Mar 27 11:53:44 kernel: DROPIN=vlan1 OUT= MAC=00:11:2f:16:7a:13:00:14:f1:d4:48:8d:08:00:45:2 0:00:30 SRC=200.250.242.248 DST=192.168.10.1 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x20 TTL=106 ID=4653 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=1684 DPT=56881 SEQ=663218928 ACK=0 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT (020405B401010402)

So I would like to ask these questions:
    A) Does the WAN and LAN Filter apply even if I have the virtual server set up? In other words do I have to set rules for the WAN&LAN Filter for the bittorrent to function?
    B) Why is it so that even when I disable the LAN&WAN Filter some packets still get dropped by the firewall?
    C) How can I make sure that all trafic on a port really gets to the router/bittorrent, becase the torrent is working and downloading, but at too slow rates and I am afraid it is because many packets are dropped.

Thatk you all for your help. I know many of you spend a lot of time helping people like me and I Appreciate your effort.

Hellish

If you are able to open ports to telnet then I see no difference for other TCP apps like torrent. I also suggest that you enable ping from internet. If everything fails, try disabling firewall.

Question I tried it...

I did as you said Oleo (enabled ping and turned off firewall) and the quality of the upload goes up dramatically. The quality of the download didn't get much better, but I guess I cannot await very much from this mini torrent client. It's capabilities can't be compared to the thick clients on PCs. To recapitalize it I think when I enable the pings and disable the firewall the torrent client works as good as it can...
    So all I need now is to reenable the firewall. Correct me please If I say something wrong:

1) I have to create a virtual server for the posts (in my case 56881:56889) and the local ip of the router (in my case 192.168.10.1) to forward the ports to the internet.
    2) enable pings from the internet in "intenet firewall -> Respond Ping Request from WAN?" menu.
    3) set WAN to LAN and LAN to WAN filters so they would keep securing other ports on the LAN.

in point 3 I still have a couple of questions:
    a) do I have to make a WAN to LAN filter with the external IP (the IP I get from my ISP?) or is it enough to make a filter for the internal IP of the router (in my case 192.168.10.1)?
    b) do I have to make a filter for the ping packets? could you please give me an example of such filter
    c) in th LAN to WAN filters, do I have to make a filter from my internal IP of the router to my external IP of the router (IP from my ISP)? Or just for the internal router IP?

Thanks again for your help. I am having fun getting to know the router and I am even making my first steps in Unix/Linux systems so it is very interesting to discover new things with the help of this comunity

Hellish
    Last edited by Hellish; 28-03-2006 at 18:49.

Smile Regarding the telnet port...

Quote Originally Posted by oleo
    If you are able to open ports to telnet then I see no difference for other TCP apps like torrent. I also suggest that you enable ping from internet. If everything fails, try disabling firewall.
    I access the telnetd only from LAN. I need to open the torrent ports to the internet. That is a difference or not?
    I think I need to go and find myself a tutorial on the firewall

goos night for now...

I'll be back

Practical memory limits are about 150 peers overall (up to 10 btgets). So it can be used for many purposes.

A1) Yes
    A2) Yes
    A3) Yes
    A3a) Not shure
    A3b) No
    A3c) Not shure

Anyway, all this questions are not btget related.

Goos night remembered me to a unique man on this planet. So take a look at http://goosee.com/ and explore.

Quote Originally Posted by oleo
    Normally you would have only one active torrent. Second will start after first will finish.
    If you want to process two simultaneously use Push command. Eg.
    Code:
    torent_admin -l
    torrent_admin -p torrent-number
    if you are using command line. For CGI interface just select torrent with radio button and press Push.
    Hi Oleg
    I have been watching this for long time. I gonna give it a try tonight.
    One thing would like to ask, is the CGI interface come with the firmware or the torrent package? I am using 1.9.2.7-7c. by Oleg.
    Thx

Just an example of processor performance meassured with nload when starting btget with 50 peers. Sample every 10 seconds.
    Code:
    Device br0 [192.168.1.20] (1/1):
    =====================================================================================================================================
    Incoming:
                                     |             .                   .##   .   #         #
                                     # .  |  # |   #  # | | .          ###   #   # || |    #
                                     # #  #| # #   #  #|#.#|#          ### ..#. |# ## #  . #
                               .    ## # ###|#|# ||##.#######      #   ### #######|## ####.#
                           .   #   .## # #######.############     .# | ###|########## ######
                           #   ##  ### #|####################    .##.#|##############.######
                           #   ##| ###.#######################   ###########################
                           #.. ### ########################### # ###########################
                          ####|###.########################### #.###########################
                         |#################################### #############################
                         #####################################|#############################
                         ###################################################################
                         ###################################################################
                         ###################################################################  Curr: 1062.70 kBit/s
                         ###################################################################  Avg: 277.41 kBit/s
                         ###################################################################  Min: 8.16 kBit/s
                         ###################################################################  Max: 1245.57 kBit/s
               .     .# |###################################################################  Ttl: 744.73 MByte
    Outgoing:

.   . |
    #|| #.#|.|.|.# #  #|#
    ##############|#  ###
    ################# ###
    #################.###
    #####################
    #####################        .
    #####################        #                               .
    #####################        #                              |#
    #####################        #                              ##
    ######################       #                            . ##
    ######################       #                            #### .
    #######################    . #.. |                        #### #       #
    #######################|| |# ###|#|#  ..#. .  ...  |   ..#####.#   | |.##|   .   |     .  Curr: 91.62 kBit/s
    ####################################..######..####|# |.#########|#|#######||.# .###..|.#  Avg: 260.20 kBit/s
    ##############################################################################|#########  Min: 60.25 kBit/s
    ########################################################################################  Max: 364.70 kBit/s
    ########################################################################################  Ttl: 2313.99 MByte
    Before download start, upload was active. After download started, upload was balanced due to high processor load (11:08:48 up 17:52, load average: 3.79, 3.88, 3.15), mainly on USB subsystem.

To open torrent ports you should add

iptables -I INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp --syn --dport 56881:56889 -j ACCEPT

to you post-firewall script inseard of wrong

iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp --syn --dport 56881:56889 -j ACCEPT

Smile Ports

Thanx Paullo for your reply.
    I understand that I should put the line:
    "iptables -I INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp --syn --dport 56881:56889 -j ACCEPT"
    instead of:
    "iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp --syn --dport 56881:56889 -j ACCEPT"
    Could you be so kind and explain the difference to me between the -A and the -I switch.

-A would add a rule into the IPtables what does the -I do?

thanx

Actualy I don't know. I looked trough a lot of topicks at this forum trying to open the ports. I tryed to use -I insead of -A and discovered that my ports were opend.
    Last edited by Paullo; 09-08-2006 at 20:30.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast