Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wl 500g and ipv6

But what is now with the Asus AP?

Can somebody compile IPv6 Modules for it?

I just got this AP a couple of days and I'm just starting out with custom firmware stuff, but one of the things I really want to do is adding IPv6 support so I can replace the PC-based router I'm using atm with a nice silent box

Any successes (or failures) I'll post here...

I just made some success with IPv6 today.
    The kernel has IPv6 support and does some autoconfiguration on the interfaces.

The userland tools however have no support at all, so that's what I'm going to look at next.

And of course radvd needs to be in there, since it's quite usefull for IPv6. I'll keep you up to date!

Quote Originally Posted by Exirion
    There is some improvement though. The Pentagon announced last year that they are migrating their infrastructure to IPv6 and they want to have finished the migration in 2005/2006

But indeed, Asia is the major IPv6 drive.
    OT: the chupa.nl server has real ipv6 addresses since a few weeks(thus no tunneling shit)

so migration has started in holland as well

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    OT: the chupa.nl server has real ipv6 addresses since a few weeks(thus no tunneling shit)

so migration has started in holland as well
    Then it would be nice if AAAA records are being added in DNS for www.chupa.nl

Quote Originally Posted by phedny
    will be done in the near future

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

The userland tools however have no support at all, so that's what I'm going to look at next.
    I've been trying to make the userland configuration tools understand IPv6 (like ifconfig, ip from iproute2). But thing keep giving segmentation faults, and I guess the uClibc from ASUS is compiled without IPv6 support (not strange as-is, since the device doesn't have out-of-the-box IPv6 support), so to make it work, uClibc needs to be recompiled, which I'll be doing soon.

IPv6 working ?

phedny

are you able to visit www.chupa.nl or chupa.nl through ipv6 ? (wl500g.info is not added as AAAA record yet)

I don't have IPv6 available @ home..

Code:
    <font face=arial size=2>
    Momenteel zijn er problemen met de server of website welke u probeert te bereiken.<BR>
    Probeert u het later nogmaals.<BR>
    I do get contact, but I don't see the site.
    To confirm it's IPv6, I checked the site through IPv4 and then it's working.

Anyway, I am able to contact an Apache 2.0.50 server at port [2001:1be8:3::2]:80, so you might wanna check the webserver configuration.

Code:
    <font face=arial size=2>
    Momenteel zijn er problemen met de server of website welke u probeert te bereiken.<BR>

Anyway, I am able to contact an Apache 2.0.50 server at port [2001:1be8:3::2]:80, so you might wanna check the webserver configuration.
    ok.. then I'm using the wrong IPv6 address
    because that is the backupserver

I've been trying to make the userland configuration tools understand IPv6 (like ifconfig, ip from iproute2). But thing keep giving segmentation faults, and I guess the uClibc from ASUS is compiled without IPv6 support (not strange as-is, since the device doesn't have out-of-the-box IPv6 support), so to make it work, uClibc needs to be recompiled, which I'll be doing soon.

Hi phendy

What time do you need to compile a working ipv6 fimeware??

I would test it

I found this too; I downloaded the source to uClibc and recompiled it with IPv6 support and it all started working ok. The only issue I had remaining was that the wl binary for tweaking the wireless parameters stopped working; I knocked up a quick hack that just sets the parameters I need though.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    You say, V6 Providers come up ? do they grand you one IP or a small subnet of, say, 10 ip´s to your connection ?
    Hello WLanMan,

sorry for the long time it took to reply...

Well, yes, a subnet, native ipv6. It'll cost you a bit though. Namely, getting the service natively is often still experimental and only mostly offered to business clients and clients with bigger ADSL packages and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Eeek
    I dont know whar all World wants with IPv6, it breaks compatibility, and this tunels gateways and so and look all like crazy hacks . It´s nice to have an IP for every molekule on earth but it could had been enough to rip away some of the big unused subnets from the companys and countrys they had granted to in the early years ...
    Indeed, nobody needs ipv6 for home, that's why its taking so long to migrate... <annoyed>Its stubborn mofo's like you that make the migration take longer</annoyed>

Regards, Conrado

Quote Originally Posted by Holli
    Hi phendy

What time do you need to compile a working ipv6 fimeware??

I would test it
    Well, it should not take too much time, but I have been busy for the last couple of weeks. I cannot say anything when any version could be available, but I'll inform you on this forum

Code:
    <font face=arial size=2>

Phedny, please test the bitch for me
    i've added all stuff from chupa as AAAA records,
    and if I haven't made any mistake it should be accessible by now via hostname (but still can't test.. is there no page around which can do the trick for me? )
    http://wl500g.info

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast