Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: libstdc++ available for wl500g?

libstdc++ available for wl500g?

I would like to install python on the wl500g, but it depends on libstdc++

libstdc++ is not in the ipkg list of available packages....

add
    Code:
    src bcan http://bcan.burngreave.net/bcanopenwrt/packages
    to your ipkg.conf file and run ipkg update and install with ipkg install libstdc++. I used it to install iperf. Must admit, I installed it on openwrt, but should work on Oleg as well.

Hi sodb, that's great! I'm willing to give it a try!

When I run this install, I get following:
    Code:
    Installing libstdc++ (5.0.5) to root...
    Downloading http://bcan.burngreave.net/bcanopenwrt/packages/libstdc++_5.0.5_mipsel.ipk
    ipkg: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libstdc++.so to 'libstdc++.so.5': Read-only file system
    ipkg: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: Read-only file system
    ipkg: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libstdc++.so.5 to 'libstdc++.so.5.0.5': Read-only file system
    ipkg: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libgcc_s.so to 'libgcc_s.so.1': Read-only file system
    ipkg: /lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.5: Read-only file system
    Configuring libstdc++
    Successfully terminated.
    So, several items fail to run and unfortunately, I don't have any linux skills at all.. Can somebodey help me in how to get the libstdc++ install properly, please?

Any tips, hints are welcome here!?

I've tried to run:
    ipkg -d /opt/lib install libstdc++

My wl500g response:
    ERROR: Unknown dest name: `/opt/lib'

Any ideas, suggestions or help will be appreciated?!!

Hello,
    Simple add foloowing line to your ipkg.conf file

Code:
    dest optlib /opt/lib/
    and after that run

Code:
    ipkg -dest optlib install libstdc++
    regards
    Krzysiek

it's me again

i think you have to use different location and make following entry into your ipkg.conf file

Code:
    dest opt /opt/
    and user opt instead of optlib

I instaled libstdc but i have still problems with man

libstdc++ seems to be installed
    Code:
    find / -name '*libstdc*'
    /opt/lib/libstdc++.so
    /opt/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    /opt/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.5
    /opt/opt/lib/ipkg/info/libstdc++.control
    /opt/opt/lib/ipkg/info/libstdc++.list
    but man (does segmentation fault)
    Code:
    man find
    Segmentation fault
    (END)
    i find that its not man but groff but i dont know what to do
    regards
    Krzysiek

Hi qczek,

With the instruchtions of you previous post, I was able to install libstdc++!! That's great! If I check my router now, it says:

Package libstdc++ (5.0.5) installed in opt is up to date.

Thanks!

I've finally got some result with this libsctdc++ problems! The solution is to replace libstdc++ with libuclibc++. And now I have running groff and man on my wl500g. I cannot post groff ipk here due to 1MB size limit. So you have to wait for package feeds!

libuClibc++ is not commited yet as there is no RTTI and EH support enabled for now. Also toolcain should is patched. But this gives us a new hope for many C++ packages on wl500g!
    Last edited by oleo; 25-02-2006 at 01:52.

ThumbsUp oleo! I'm especially intrigued in finding a good solution to the brute-force login attacks on my wl500g (syslog shows attacks at almost every second for a full day!).. For that, I would be particularly interested into using denyhosts (python package).

I have python setup now, but denyhosts gives some error. I will post about that in a separate post..

Keep up that good work!

Quote Originally Posted by ikerstges
    I have python setup now, but denyhosts gives some error. I will post about that in a separate post..
    Do you mean that you have running python? I've tried python on wl500gx with libstdc++ and it gives me
    Code:
    $ python
    /opt/bin/python: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

oleo: I confirm, I have the same error..

This needs much more knowledge; I have to pass.. Damn!

I have tried many different ways to get python available on my wl500g, so I can have python scripts running.

Information about the error:
    $ python
    /opt/bin/python: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
    does not show in http://www.python.org/doc/ and a search in this forum on "python" only produces 6 hits, (3 of those hits because of me, posting in these threads about python).

Unfortunately I got completely stuck on now....

I have python running on wl500g. But this is in alpha stage. It is built on top of libuClibc++. We demoted all python packages until this bug is resolved. Brian Zhou pushed this package a step forward on cross compile. But now I have core dump on some functionality. It looks like libreadline or openssl problem. But interpreting simile package works for now
    See for example:

python -v a.py see http://pastebin.ca/43513
    For rdiff-backup with -v see http://pastebin.ca/43514

If you are willing to help out WE can make this baby run. Now I added exceptions handling to uClibc++ and many C++ dependent packages started to run automagically (libsigc++, mysql, unrar, groff, ctorrent, ...).

libuClibc++ is readily in CVS. Just packges need to be bumped.

Breakout this week maybe Follow http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p...make/python.mk for changelog.
    Last edited by oleo; 28-02-2006 at 18:56.

Update: Without readline and openssl python now works OK.
    Except of zlib. It seems like problem with dynamic linking of optional libraries. But this can hopefully be solved.

Hi oleo,

I can't help you with this.. Hey, I would even push this myself, if I only knew how to get the job done! I'm sorry, but until 3 weeks ago, I never typed any command in linux; I'm totally windowz till now..

But right now, I'm learning about 'su root', so there's still hope! AHaahh..

I will most definitely follow your progress to get this up and running (changelog). And meanwhile, I will try to contribute where and when I can on many different other subjects (hey, I even posted a how-to in the tutorials section of this forum already)
    Last edited by ikerstges; 28-02-2006 at 22:35.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast