Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless jukebox

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    However, the mp4s play very, very jerky (jerky as cannot-listen-to-em-like-that-jerky..).
    I haven't tried MP4s, but most likely your CPU can't keep up. Check with `top' the CPU use of mpd, most likely it'll pegged pretty close to 100%. Not knowing much about MP4, my guess would be that either it's an encoding whose decoding is significantly more complex than others, or (more likely) your MP4 decoder is implemented with floating point rather than fixed point operations, and since the CPUs in our little routers don't have a floating point unit, they have to emulate those ops which makes it pretty slow. In such a case you may be able to find a fixed-point version of the decoder.

Quote Originally Posted by monnier View Post
    I haven't tried MP4s, but most likely your CPU can't keep up. Check with `top' the CPU use of mpd, most likely it'll pegged pretty close to 100%. Not knowing much about MP4, my guess would be that either it's an encoding whose decoding is significantly more complex than others, or (more likely) your MP4 decoder is implemented with floating point rather than fixed point operations, and since the CPUs in our little routers don't have a floating point unit, they have to emulate those ops which makes it pretty slow. In such a case you may be able to find a fixed-point version of the decoder.
    Thanks, I didn't know that "top" command yet (I'm a Linux-novice..)
    Indeed, when playing an aac encoded file the mpd process mushrooms up to nearly 99% of the CPU time (opposed to 10-40% for an mp3).

The decoder it's currently using is faad2, not sure whether a fixed point version is out there somewhere. If not I guess I'll have to re-encode my collection into mp3.... :Z

Thanks for your help!

setting sample rate

Quote Originally Posted by elektronaut View Post
    If you are looking for an adapter that does 44.1 and 48 kHz as well: The SpeedLink SL-8850 works good here.
    Hi,

I do have a Hama usb audio converter offering also 44.1 and 48 kHz. For audio in it is automatically set to 44.1 kHz wheras I would need 48 kHz.
    Do you know how to set the sample rate for audio in (mic) to 48 kHz? Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12