Thread: WL-500g Delux Router

WL-500g Delux Router

I am in process of buying an WL-500g Delux,
    What i need to know before buying is:

Can i run an webserver trought USB stich 256mb with standard php,cpi option, and mysql server. It will not be for serving site(at least at start) but for my internal site testing?

I post another topic, but i gues wrong section so it got deleted ), sorry for that wrong window and wrong "New Topic" button.

Thnx

Until today I always read that mysql isn't possible yet, cause the wl500gx just doesn't have enough RAM and/or CPU power. So that would be a NO.

But ... I >HAVE< managed to get it up and running, I installed a chrooted debian sarge (I used info from several tutorials here in the forums) and simply installed a apache2 with php and mysql using apt get. BUT I never tested how the router would act if I really used that, had no time yet. All I can tell is that I needed some swap space cause mem usage of course increased heavily. I think there are more "efficient" solutions at least for the php enabled webserver, maybe with only running the mysql under the chrooted debian.

Oh and a 256MB Stick is PROBABLY enough even for the chrooted debian, BUT ... you'll be near the limit. I for myself won't be testing this again before I manage to get an external 2,5" USB harddisk. (used a 512MB Stick so far)

Glad to hear that MYSQL work at least install and running. My test site are not using much mysql resources but mysql is needed. But that isnt a main usage of this router, but why not to use all what it can give.
    For begining i will use USB 256MB sthick, and chkrooted debian sarge, but then i will probably buy WL-HDD .
    Hope there is someone that use this and can post his details how is acting router with this webserver ))..

THnx ppl