Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AP scan utility

Thumbs up Signal monitoring utility for Windows

For those who don't like the text mode of Telnet, there is a simple monitoring utility for Windows: http://www.mujweb.cz/www/jirka36/aptest2.zip. Thanks to some people from CZFREE.net forum this utility was written in about 30 minutes. Don't expect too much but I think it could be pretty useful for antenna positioning. It will work with latest patched firmware 1.6.5.3-2 for WL-500g from Oleg. firmware 1.6.5.3-2
    Screenshot: http://www.czfree.net/forum/attachme...=292&size=full
    P.S
    Jmeno = Name (of Admin)
    Heslo = Password

Update - a new link to slightly debugged version.
    Last edited by Technik; 10-03-2004 at 12:08.

Re: Signal monitoring utility for Windows

Originally posted by Technik
    For those who don't like the text mode of Telnet, there is a simple monitoring utility for Windows: http://www.volny.cz/jonasp/APtest.zip. Thanks to some people from CZFREE.net forum this utility was written in about 30 minutes. Don't expect too much but I think it could be pretty useful for antenna positioning. It will work with latest patched firmware 1.6.5.3-2 for WL-500g from Oleg. firmware 1.6.5.3-2
    Screenshot: http://www.czfree.net/forum/attachme...=292&size=full
    P.S
    Jmeno = Name (of Admin)
    Heslo = Password
    Nice Utility, althought he user interface is somewhat "Spartian". I have been to the mentioned Czech site, however my Czech is as bad as my Russian, so I will post my experiences here.
    * When refresh rate set to maxium the program will/can crash ("-4 is not a valid integer value")
    * There is no control to select a different AP when more than 1 AP is available, even not with the AP field (looking at the terminal output it is screwing up the AP name).

Yes I know, the utility is a bit buggy at the moment and I have already reported the problems to the forum. Perhaps I will get a source code from author and will be able to fix the issues soon.

Update - the source code was not released but some update was promised by Author - let's wait... In the meantime there's a new link to slightly debugged version above.
    Last edited by Technik; 10-03-2004 at 12:12.

Unhappy

The link to the APP is broken

Originally posted by fabiosantos
    The link to the APP is broken
    Well, so please use the old link to previous version... In fact there's no difference - there is a serious bug still. Unfortunately Author did not release source codes nor any other update yet and I don't have time to write down the similar software from the beginning.

WL300g monitoring

Is posible monitor clients or other AP in WDS mode connected to my WL300g ?

(sorry for my terrible english)

thanks

can't find this tool anywhere on the net!
    can someone please post a wotking url for a "wl scan" monitoring tool?

thanks,
    [ WL-500G | fw: 1.9.2.7-7f ]

Talking you can monitor raffic

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus
    Is posible monitor clients or other AP in WDS mode connected to my WL300g ?

thanks
    you can monitor traffic with util asusmon
    Attached Files Attached Files

AP scan utility

Hello everybody who have been looking for a GUI scan tool for ASUS wl-500g. I found on the Internet just one called AP-test2. Because it was not perfect I created my own tool based again on Telnet and wl scan. It works only with custom firmware, i.e. Oleg's. You can download the latest version here.
    Last edited by Liszka; 06-03-2006 at 20:49.

I can send you the scan tool you were talking about. matej.liszka@seznam.cz My latest tool: this thread
    Last edited by Liszka; 09-03-2006 at 20:51.

fine but..

It's fine, but when I change host IP (I have another), it is always connecting to 192.168.1.1. Please, can you fix it? And it is possible to remember this another IP? (e.g. via some config file) Thx.
    (zlaty cesky rucicky)
    Last edited by anarchist; 24-01-2006 at 23:54.

Fixed...

The latest version is here. Much lower CPU load, more stable due to ICS package from Overbyte. Last modified 06/03/2006 21:51. (old files removed)
    Last edited by Liszka; 09-03-2006 at 20:49.

Good job, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Liszka
    I can send you the scan tool you were talking about. matej.liszka@seznam.cz My new tool (already without bugs, I hope ): screenshot and download.
    Hi, very good job, very good utility for every WL-5xx owner. But one question: Is normal this program is freezing under Win98?

Freezing etc...

It is possible. The tool has not been tested under Windows 98. I just run it in XP. Maybe later I can test it also in 98...

Seems to hang under Win2k as well...

(It's still a very good job ! :-) Thanks !)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast