Thread: WLHDD and Samba access from a Windows Domain PC?

WLHDD and Samba access from a Windows Domain PC?

Hi. I've upgraded my WLHDD with Oleg's latest firmware. Everything works like a charm, except that I can't configure Samba to enabling access from my Windows XP pc. My pc is member of a Windows domain (X-DOM), my account is a local administrator of the pc, but I can't figure out how my smb.conf file should look like.

Regards,

Jesper

Quote Originally Posted by priskorn
    Hi. I've upgraded my WLHDD with Oleg's latest firmware. Everything works like a charm, except that I can't configure Samba to enabling access from my Windows XP pc. My pc is member of a Windows domain (X-DOM), my account is a local administrator of the pc, but I can't figure out how my smb.conf file should look like.

Regards,

Jesper
    Jesper,

did you ever solve this problem. I am stuck at the same point. Have done the Samba configurations for 2 days.

I can see the shared folders, but don't seem to get writing permission. I am local Admin and have opened the Samba log in to Free for everyone...

Anyone knows what to do?

I have exacly the same problem.
    Can someone help please.

Hi,

I've not used windows domains, but I have got Samba working just fine on my WLHDD with FW 1.9.2.7-8.

Make sure the directories on the WLHDD are writeable.

If you want to post your smb.conf files I'll see if I can see anything.

Ade

No news?
    Please help

I can't help you unless you give me a little more information!

If you post your smb.conf file and let me know if there are any errors in your smb.log or nmb.log files then we might be able to start to solve the problem.

Most of the Samba errors I've seen are simple typos in the config file.

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by Ade View Post
    I can't help you unless you give me a little more information!

If you post your smb.conf file and let me know if there are any errors in your smb.log or nmb.log files then we might be able to start to solve the problem.

Most of the Samba errors I've seen are simple typos in the config file.

Ade
    In my case I have a work laptop that belongs to a domain. When I connect, in my house, to my router, and I try to access the network disk, the user guest appears by fefault and is impossible to change the user.

This is a problem with the way your laptop is set up, rather than the way Samba is configured.

As your laptop belongs to work, you should ask if they will let you access your network disk. Trying to fix it yourself could get you in trouble at work or even fired (depending on how strict your company is about accessing unsecured networks)

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by Ade View Post
    This is a problem with the way your laptop is set up, rather than the way Samba is configured.

As your laptop belongs to work, you should ask if they will let you access your network disk. Trying to fix it yourself could get you in trouble at work or even fired (depending on how strict your company is about accessing unsecured networks)

Ade
    Same issue here.
    It is a way to config samba to deal with this access restriction on a domain PC?

To map a share of Asus router on a computer with MS-Windows that is configured for domains do the following in your MS-Windows computer:

1) open a DOS window
    2) issue the following command:

Code:
    net use z: \\router\share /USER:router\admin
    Where:
    z:: is the drive letter used by Windows for the mapping
    router: is the host name or IP address of the Asus router
    share: is the name of the share
    admin: the administrator user name on Asus router