Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR4 [Oleg]

it works here also!

thank you!
    amd2600 Ati 9700pro wl500g and lots more.....

Quote Originally Posted by ronin
    it works here also!

thank you!
    What does, you mean you also changed the name to wl500g and after that it works?

Quote Originally Posted by signed
    Oleg,

I got it working!!
    I changed signed in wl500g. (Under LAN/IP settings)
    BootCmd is working fine, the logfiles looked good this time, no errors.

Thanks for your help.

ps. I still want to know why smb is looking for the name wl500g
    Ok, now I see, that's my fault... Until next firmware please use wl500g as hostname.

Quote Originally Posted by signed
    Oleg,

I got it working!!
    I changed signed in wl500g. (Under LAN/IP settings)
    BootCmd is working fine, the logfiles looked good this time, no errors.

Thanks for your help.

ps. I still want to know why smb is looking for the name wl500g
    Although I'm not 100% sure I believe the system is looking for the 'network node name', or hostname

I think if you leave the "hostname" entry empty (IPCONFIG->WAN-LAN->Special Requirement from ISP ->Hostname) the system is taking the default hostname, and there is no extry for that hostname in the /etc/hosts file

as during the init "echo "$IPRouters my.router my.$ProductID $x_HostName" > /etc/hosts" it only creates an my.WL500g entry

So alternatively you could set the hostname to my.WL500g and it would also work

/init # /busybox hostname -?
    hostname: invalid option -- ?
    BusyBox v1.00-pre5 (2004.01.09-12:23+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: hostname [OPTION] {hostname | -F FILE}

Get or set the hostname or DNS domain name. If a hostname is given
    (or FILE with the -F parameter), the host name will be set.

Options:
    -s Short
    -i Addresses for the hostname
    -d DNS domain name
    -f Fully qualified domain name
    -F FILE Use the contents of FILE to specify the hostname

/init # /busybox hostname
    WL500g
    /init #

No, the problem is what initially I've used ProductId for hostname (/proc/sys/kernel/hostname). That's why it looks for wl500g. With the next frimware release it's will be set to HostName specified via web.

Router Software for splicing

Hi guys,

I have been looking at using the WL-500b and g in our wisp and think the work you guys are doing is great. I thought you might like to check out the following site for future upgrade ideas. Do you think it is possible to integrate certain features like QOS for access point clients etc?

The site is www.mikrotik.com

Cheers,

Niall

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    No, the problem is what initially I've used ProductId for hostname (/proc/sys/kernel/hostname). That's why it looks for wl500g. With the next frimware release it's will be set to HostName specified via web.
    Could you make the change in web login screeen and /etc/hosts too?

If it's possible remove from hosts file nemaes my.router and my.wl500g (it makes mess for me when i use several wl500g and the resolv their names....

and if it;s possible.....web interface could write somwhere the hostname...it will be better for orientation when configuring more wl500g at once
    Thanks
    Pipos (2xWL-500g, WDS-only mode, used as backbone for MAN network; 1xWL-500g in Client Mode with NAT)

Quote Originally Posted by pipos
    Could you make the change in web login screeen and /etc/hosts too?
    /etc/hosts already contain right hostname specified via web.
    If it's possible remove from hosts file nemaes my.router and my.wl500g (it makes mess for me when i use several wl500g and the resolv their names....
    don't use my.* names at all. I do not want to remove things which will break behavior specified in the user manual, otherwise someone will claim "You firmware killed my router! I can't access my.router and so on". On the other hand my.wl500g could be removed - it's undocumented feature.
    and if it;s possible.....web interface could write somwhere the hostname...it will be better for orientation when configuring more wl500g at once
    Thanks
    It's already there on the IP config page. Right? Also, System Logs will contain the right name in the next firmware release.

/etc/hosts already contain right hostname specified via web.

don't use my.* names at all. I do not want to remove things which will break behavior specified in the user manual, otherwise someone will claim "You firmware killed my router! I can't access my.router and so on". On the other hand my.wl500g could be removed - it's undocumented feature.

It's already there on the IP config page. Right? Also, System Logs will contain the right name in the next firmware release.
    OK...I understand, but could you change the order? hostname first, and then my.router and my.wl500g? It could make change in route output, that it will write hostname instead my.router

And for web, i was thinking about some more visible place....top left corner for example, and the login dialog where you type login & password (there it writes WL-500g)

Thanx for all your work
    Pipos (2xWL-500g, WDS-only mode, used as backbone for MAN network; 1xWL-500g in Client Mode with NAT)

Quote Originally Posted by pipos
    OK...I understand, but could you change the order? hostname first, and then my.router and my.wl500g? It could make change in route output, that it will write hostname instead my.router
    ok
    And for web, i was thinking about some more visible place....top left corner for example, and the login dialog where you type login & password (there it writes WL-500g)
    As for realm - probably this i hardcoded to the httpd...

Smile

click here to download files from chupa.nl you need:
    firmware
    Looking forward to trying this as I've only used the official release so far, and can't get my printer or camera to work.

I have an Epson CX6400 multifunction device - has anyone else got a mfd working - and is it worth trying or is it known that this will not work? If you think it's worth trying, I'll have a go. I don't mind about the other functions, I just want to be able to print via wireless. Is there any reason why this will not work?

I'll report back... Thanks for all your work, Oleg!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic
    Looking forward to trying this as I've only used the official release so far, and can't get my printer or camera to work.

I have an Epson CX6400 multifunction device - has anyone else got a mfd working - and is it worth trying or is it known that this will not work? If you think it's worth trying, I'll have a go. I don't mind about the other functions, I just want to be able to print via wireless. Is there any reason why this will not work?

I'll report back... Thanks for all your work, Oleg!
    Have you noticed the custom firmware (by Oleg) uses a different printing driver/stratigy compared to the official firmware? See this topic for more info on the new printer deamon.

Oleg, i've read you post about the embedded http server and i've not undestand all. Can i make with httpd an other server without disabled the one of the asus configuration ? because with the solution of tecnik on this link (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=280&highlight=http) the web server for asus configuration is down.
    I've search on the net a way to do that and it will be possible to run several instances of httpd changing the httpd.conf but where is this file ?

thank for this new firmware Oleg and the wol function of the CR3

Yes, busybox_httpd could be used simulteneously with ASUS httpd, but you need to specify a port other then 80 on which it will listen for connections. As for httpd.conf - see the beginning of the thread for details.

Lightbulb user.err klogd: usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4

When I'm connecting my HP Lasertjet 1010 with this firmware en the previous version 3 i get the following error...

May 30 16:33:18 WL500g user.err klogd: usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4 (error=-145)
    May 30 16:33:18 WL500g user.err klogd: usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=5 (error=-145)

Also when i'm trying to print according to the directions given in an earlier post on port 9101 (usb port) i get the following error

May 30 16:44:48 WL500g lpr.notice syslog: Connection from 192.168.100.51 port 4627 accepted
    May 30 16:44:48 WL500g lpr.err syslog: /dev/usb/lp0: Permission denied

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

--edit--
    I solved the problem. Although the printer had worked fine before i switched the usb cable to the router I replaced the usb cable. With the cable replaced the router detected the printer instantly.
    Last edited by SirRoden; 30-05-2004 at 17:42. Reason: Solved this problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12