Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bidirectional printer support - working for anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by silver32
    A new question : how can I remove the port TCP/IP 192.168.1.1 that i've created ?
    by pressing 'remove port' or something like that while that port is selected at your printer properties of the printer (tab ports)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Yes, that's what i've done but I've got an error "the port is actually occupy, can't delete".

I retry today and I succeed in remove.

Quote Originally Posted by silver32
    Yes, that's what i've done but I've got an error "the port is actually occupy, can't delete".

I retry today and I succeed in remove.
    Hi,

You may succeed if you the following stages :
    1/ Install Custom FW 1.8.1.7-2a (The 3 version has several problems with samba)
    2/ Try to create a new LPR port with another name than the previously created (port 9100 for USB or 9101 for parallel port), and connect the printer to it
    3/ Once you have connected your printer to the new port, you can delete the previous one.
    4/ The only thing that couldn't work is the ink level. All other functions should work.

Sincerely that's the best router and print server I've found on the market for a so cheap !

Oldudu

Quote Originally Posted by oldudu
    2/ Try to create a new LPR port with another name than the previously created (port 9100 for USB or 9101 for parallel port), and connect the printer to it
    But I thought that i have the choice 9100/9101 with Raw port ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldudu
    4/ The only thing that couldn't work is the ink level. All other functions should work.
    Oldudu
    Is it impossible to get the ink level status thru a print server ? On this page : http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/p910nd/ we can read that P910ND implements bidirectionnal link for status messages. Is the "-B" flag used on the 1.8.1.7-2a firmware ? if not, how can we set it ?

pascal
    Last edited by pdeoliveira; 27-11-2004 at 16:25.

Any progress with the bidirectional mode ?

Hello,

I looked at the sources for wl500g-1.9.2.7-3c and found
    in the src-package the patch for p910nd-0.6,

on the webpage the p910nd-0.7 is available and
    there is bi-directional mode support.

Any progress with the program ?

http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/p910nd/

Gabriel

Canon Pixma 4000

Any chance for a solution for the bidirectional support for the Canon Pixma 4000 printer? It is not possible to see the ink levels.
    I purchased the WL-500g also because of the printserver capabilities!

Evert

Hi Evert,

From other posting I understood that this is not possible for the Canon ip3000, so also probably not for your ip4000.

Did you get your ip4000 working on the WL-500g usb port? I tried it a number of times, with information from the forum. But without succes. My information:
    WL-500g firmware: 1.8.1.9
    Printer: Canon ip3000
    WL-500g is configured as accesspoint. Speedtouch 510v4 acts as modem/router/switch.

regards,
    Theo.

Hi Theo,
    Yes, the ip4000 works but the status monitor says "printer does not react". But it prints well.
    Strange, isn't it.

Evert

I've got the same with my Canon IP5000. Only the first time, when i do a print job, after the printer has started (automatically on request) the message is gone. I also dont got the status option, i have to life with that

Yeah well, what do you expect?

According to canon you are not supposted to use Linux, let alone hook their printers up to a box that serves the printer to a network. Their software doesn't agree with that.

I own a PIXMA Ip 2000, prints like a charm with windows, but no support for linux whatsoever. It does print with the asus, but like you said, the status monitor says printer is not responding because the thing expects the printer on the usb port on the pc where the job is issued.

So I will wait until the printer stops printing or issues an ink error before changing the ink cartridges because I don't want to swap the usb cables back and forth just to see the inklevels.

Bidirectional printer seems to work, but Windows doesn't report errors +few questions

Hi,
    First I would like to thank all the persons that work on the WL-500g/x for their amazing job, and especially Oleg.

I have a WL-500G Deluxe with a HP Deskjet 970Cxi as a printer, and I’m trying to make this printer works in bidirectional mode.
    Firmware is oleg's 1.9.2.7-6b

First, when I make a "ps" on a telnet session I see that:
    Code:
    p9100d -f /dev/usb/lp0 0
    I found in another thread that the switch -b must be passed to the printer daemon to activate the bidirectional mode.
    so i make this each time I restart the router :
    Code:
    killall p910nd
    p910nd -f /dev/usb/lp0 0 -b
    My first question is : how to make this permanently ?

Then i switch on my printer and typically i see that on the log:
    Code:
    Aug  9 23:17:35 kernel: hub.c: new USB device 01:02.0-1, assigned address 3
    Aug  9 23:17:35 kernel: printer.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 3 if 0 alt 1 proto 2 vid 0x03F0 pid 0x1004
    Aug  9 23:17:35 kernel: printer.c: usblp0 Device ID string [222]='MFG:HEWLETT-PACKARD;MDL:DESKJET 970C;CMD:MLC,PCL,PML;CLASS:PRINTER;DESCRIPTION:Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 970C;SERN:ES9B91C18WJQ;VSTATUS:$XB0$XC0,ff,DN,OFFF,CUT,K0,C0,DP,NR,KP000,CP000;VP:0800,FL,B0;VJ:
    So everything seems alright.
    Then I remove paper from my printer and I run a print job
    The router displays that:
    Code:
    Aug  9 23:20:25 p9100d[143]: Connection from 192.168.0.3 port 1199 accepted 
    Aug  9 23:21:03 kernel: printer.c: usblp0: out of paper
    So I presume that the bidirectional mode works.
    The problem is that Windows never report me the error message like when I'm directly connected to the printer.
    So my second question is : Why and how to fix this ?
    Plus the ink level function doesn't work at all (but it's not very important I don't really care about this feature).

I have antoher question that has no link with the previous problem.
    I want to setup the wifi connection for 802.11G Only.
    But this option have disappeared form "Wireless Mode" list box.
    I can only choose between "Performance", "802.11B Only", and "54G LRS".
    Is "Performance" mode is equivalent to the option "802.11G Only" that we can found in the official firmware (1.8.x.x) and if not, how can I make this?.

And finally last question: I want to modify WebPages on the router by changing the file /www/general.js because I have an annoying bug on buttons (they do not display correctly after a roll over).
    When i open the file with vi, it says me that it's read only.
    But write right are given to root, so i don't understand why I can't edit this file ...
    So how can I edit this file and save the changes ?

Thanks for reading my poor english .

This afternoon i've made some trial with different drivers (from HP, and windows) and it doesn't work better.

Is bidirectional mode is working for somebody (i mean is somebody receive information message from printer) ?
    I found very strange that the router's log displays messages from the printer (for exemple : out of paper) and that the printer software don't receive those messages.

I'm afraid I've got no answer to your question, but I just wanted to add that the Device Id in the log shows indeed that bidirectional mode is working, while the "out of paper" message can also be created in unidirectional mode using the Paper Empty - status line.

the "out of paper" message can also be created in unidirectional mode using the Paper Empty - status line.
    You've got right, I have made the test in unidirectional mode and the error message is still received by the router.
    So the bidricetional mode doesn't work at all.
    Thanks for the tips

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast