Hey there! =)

Actually, I'm not 100% positive, but I do believe this happened using the waveserver as well.

I managed to get esd running on OS X using this guide:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60602065532384

But how would I go about to post a kernel log? (Do I have to mention that I'm a total linux noob - I've put quite a few hours into this already just to get this far ;-P)

I've had some progress troubleshooting; So far, I've kind of ruled out the possibility that this has something to do with ESD, because i'm getting the same problems when using madplay+netcast to play mp3 streams. It's nothing that happens on my macbook, cause i get it both when streaming directly from my computer (ethernet/wlan no difference) and when streaming off an internet radio station. And it happens when totally disconnected from the net with just a cable connecting my comp to the router.

I've been watching the cpu usage on the router using the top command, and there's nothing going on there. When the dropouts occur, madplay is just about the only process using up cpu, and it's using about 15%. So the problem isn't lack of cpu power. Nor have I found any individual process that peaks during the dropouts; I've killed off as many as possible but to no avail.

I'm thinking it'd be good to have a program on the router that could buffer like a second or two before sending it out to the usb card. Any idea how this could be done?

Or maybe I need to use another audio driver? How would I go about doing that? =)

Any clues?