Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR7 now 7g [Oleg]

Quote Originally Posted by max2950
    Today was the first time i connected to my companie's network since i upgrade my WL500g to this firmware.
    I had a very strange experience, although i'm not sure that it is linked to my VPN connection but i think so because i was able to reproduce the issue.

After connecting to the VPN i started to copy some files from the server to my computer and the connection dropped.
    The router status mentionned that it was connected, but in fact the DNS relay was not working anymore. Setting up my ISP's dns on my computer did not help.
    Hard restarted the router and everything was find until i connected to my VPN again..... I also reproduced the issue
    I downgraded to 1.9.2.7-6b .... And now all is fine.

Here is my config :
    WL500g in home gateway mode firewall disabled, connected to an ethernet DSL modem (freebox) which does the PPPoE job....
    I have a very similar problem. My Wl500gx runs in gateway mode and is connected to an ethernet DSL modem. Recently I upgraded the Oleg firmware from 6b to 7b. I cannot exactly pinpoint the problem, but it seems after starting a p2p client, DNS relay failed. This means that my workstation, connected to the LAN side of the WL500Gx is unable to resolve hostnames.

Doing an nslookup command on the workstation tells me that the DNS server (Wl500gx in this case) can't resolve the hostnames. I can also login to the DSL modem and when I do a similar action there, there is no problem at all.

Yesterday I downgraded the firmware to 6b again, loaded factory defaults and upgraded the firmware to 7b again. Still not working. Then I switched between router and gateway mode a few times and all of a sudden I could surf the internet without problems again on the workstation.
    Until it failed again for no apparent reason....

I have a workaround though: From my workstation I can connect to my work through VPN *(using the IP address of the vpn server ofcourse)* and then there's no problem since the default gateway and dns servers at the remote network are being used.

So, this was quite a long story, but my question then would be: could these problems be related to the 7b firmware and if so - what would be the solution?

WL500g Deluxe

Hi,

I'm a new member and user of the WL500g Deluxe router . I just wanted to know if this new firmware (1.9.2.7) will work in the Deluxe model?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by msalandanan
    Hi,

I'm a new member and user of the WL500g Deluxe router . I just wanted to know if this new firmware (1.9.2.7) will work in the Deluxe model?

Thanks.
    Yes, it will.

Try this Firmware for the Deluxe: http://oleg.wl500g.info/1.9.2.7-7b/W...1.9.2.7-7b.zip
    WL-500gP => 1.9.2.7-7g (2007-04-06)
    Running: thttpd, php 5.1, vsftp, rrdtool

http://onlinefussballmanager.de/userbar/0/53647.png

Unhappy VPN (PPTP) doesn't work with 1.9.2.7b

Hi,

First of all, many thanks to Oleg for his continuing work.

I'd like to report a problem with the new firmware on my WL500g. PPTP VPN stopped from working. I rolled back to 1.9.2.6 and it works again. I didn't clear nvram between flashing. The config is:

ISP WAN: private static 192.168.1.112
    ISP Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

PPTP:
    Heartbeat: public 195.a.b.c.H
    Assigned IP: public 195.a.b.c.I
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.255
    Gateway: 195.a.b.c.G

LAN: 192.168.2.0/24.

Routing stopped working. The routing tables before and after the upgrade look absolutely the same:

Code:
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask      Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
    195.a.b.G    192.168.1.112    255.255.255.255 UGH   0      0        0 eth1
    195.a.b.G    *                255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 ppp0
    192.168.1.0  *                255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth1
    192.168.2.0  *                255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 br0
    127.0.0.0    *                255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo
    default      195.a.b.H        0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 ppp0
    Downgrading the firmware fixes the problem.

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers,
    Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by ganelon
    Routing stopped working.
    Downgrading the firmware fixes the problem.
    Look three posts up. Similar problems.

Question Unable to access USB drives without activating built in FTP server (stupidftp)

Hi,
    I can't seem to get the USB drives to mount without activating the built in FTP server. Not with this firmware, or previous 1.9.2.7 CR6 firmware.

What I want to do is use VSFTP as an FTP replacement for the built in FTP server: http://www.sprayfly.com/wiki/VSFTP_Guides

The messages in the system log show:
    USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x1058/0x400) is not claimed by any active driver.

To me, this sounds that there is no request by any existing process for a USB drive to function and therefore it is not loaded. Is this true?

What should I change to make sure USB drives can always be mounted without setting the built in FTP server to active?

Steps how to reproduce?
    1. Log in to the router: http://192.168.1.1/index.asp
    2. Click USB Application
    3. Select FTP server
    4. Select the "No" radio button for the "Enable FTP server" field
    5. Finish, and does reboot

PS. I'm doing this on the WL500g Deluxe.

Exclamation System Setup - Operation Mode - Access Point no longer functions

I upgraded from the initial firmware OOB to this firmware. I then want to use the router as an Access Point so I open System Setup - Operation Mode and select Access Point.

I do not have a Finish button to save and reboot the router and when I click Apply the screen flashed but nothing happens. Going to another screen where I can choose finish results in a no longer functioning router meaning that it does not come back up again on 192.168.1.1, the default ip adress.

Anyone else had this experience and if so what do I need to do to get Access Point mode functioning again. Can I change a setting using Telnet to test that?

Thanks in advance!

i'm still missing the url filter

I had trouble with the connection after I diabled the firewall!!
    I had to enable it again to get a connection

Quote Originally Posted by daav
    The messages in the system log show:
    USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x1058/0x400) is not claimed by any active driver.

To me, this sounds that there is no request by any existing process for a USB drive to function and therefore it is not loaded. Is this true?
    It says there is no driver loaded that claims support for this device.
    Namely, the usb mass storage driver is not loaded.
    To save memory they get loaded when ftp (or samba) is enabled.

What should I change to make sure USB drives can always be mounted without setting the built in FTP server to active?
    Load the required kernel modules manual in post-boot.
    Should be usb-core usb-storage and a filesystem driver.
    Start with disk and ftp on, look with lsmod what´s loaded, disable ftp, load the now missing modules with insmod and see with dmesg if all works fine .

Greets
    Wlanman
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

PPPoE connections are now forced to be nomppe nomppc
    I need mppe and mppc support for my project. Is that support built into this firmware version?

I saw it was added to the official Asus 1.9.4 firmware, but it seems telnet isn't in there, so I can't do anything with it either.

Edit: Nevermind - I see MPPE support was added a long time ago in Oleg's version.
    Last edited by Saturn49; 01-03-2006 at 03:35.

Cool VPN with MPPE/MPPC working

After two nights of messing with it, I finally got my WL-500g (actually an MN-700) to connect reliably to a Windows 2000 VPN server, WITH mppe/mppc.

I pretty much followed this:
    http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/ho...figure_by_hand

and then this:
    http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/ro...tml#lan-to-lan

A few changes, of course, since pppd on the wl-500 is configured to have its config files in /tmp/ppp, not /etc/ppp

I had to wipe out the existing /tmp/ppp/ip-up and /tmp/ppp/ip-down links.

instead, my ip-up has only two lines:
    Code:
    route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 dev ppp0
    ifconfig ppp0 mtu 1400
    The other big change was to use the following pppd options in addition to those in the link above.
    Code:
    nomppe-128 (instead of require-mppe-128)
    require-mppe-40
    mppe-stateless
    128 bit might work, but I saw in the troubleshooting guide (http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-diagnosis.phtml) that it sometimes causes problems, so I force it to 40-bit instead. The kicker was forcing a stateless encryption though. Without that I was getting protocol rejects while trying to transfer data of any fairly large size, or at least CCP resets.

I also used the following pppd options to make the connection restore itself in the event it fails:
    Code:
    lcp-echo-interval 10
    lcp-echo-failure 3
    maxfail 0
    persist
    Before launching pppd, I modify the iptables a bit:
    Code:
    iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface ppp0 --jump MASQUERADE
    iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS  --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
    I didn't have to do any of the other iptables stuff recommended by the link because all the proper allow(s) are already in there.

finally, since there's no "pon" utility, I launch pppd with the following:
    Code:
    pppd call (my config file name)

I automated the file deletions and copies and such with /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall

Setup like this, any packets destined for 192.168.*.* get NAT'd through the VPN connection. Anything else gets NAT'd through the normal WAN port.

So, uh, yea, just like the link above, except everything is different.

I won't know how stable it really is until I use it for a while, but for now I can run remote desktop and outlook through it just fine.

Hi Oleg,

are the source at your HP up to date, I tried to compile nbut getting problems (for example: nat.diff patch tells me already applied, and a few other, got problems with config to compile too, it complains about missing ncurses )

any Idea, what I'm doing wrong ??

sincerly

ankn99
    Greetings from 1XXXX (Berlin/Germany)

Quote Originally Posted by ankn99
    Hi Oleg,

are the source at your HP up to date, I tried to compile nbut getting problems (for example: nat.diff patch tells me already applied, and a few other, got problems with config to compile too, it complains about missing ncurses )

any Idea, what I'm doing wrong ??

sincerly

ankn99
    The sources are up2date. Check your environment, etc.

Updated to -7c. Check first post.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast